Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hitting a muscle once every 10 days?

Well, the theory behind HST is that muscle builds and recoops in 48 hours, any time after that is just maintenance. Under this theory, your muscles are finished building and recoopearting by day two, and you are simply eating protein to maintain them for the other 8 days. No growth can happen in those 8 days, at best you will maintain what you gained. HST is all about hypertrophy, try reading up on it.

Why are you only working out a muscle every 10 days?

well when i bulked this winter, the program that worked best for strength and mass was HIT program with about 2 or 3 sets per bodypart once per week with about 6000 cals a day.

but i know that when i do alot of sets i get a ton more definition. this is especially needed because im cutting now. so i figure since i would over train if my "bulking" routine was any more than 3 sets once a week. this leads me to beleive that for me, my best cutting routine would be to hit a muscle once every 10 days but do many sets like 20 or so.

this year i have actually devoloped a decent back. i got this from doing very high volume for about 4 or 5 months at the beginning of the year before i bulked, then i changed it to HIT. now im going to go back to high volume but cut back on the frequency.

If you do 50 sets of chest to failure there is no way you'll be repaired and ready to train in 48 hours

also if you do 2-3 sets to absolute failure you won't be ready to train in 48 hours...

i also believe in mentzer's local vs systematic recovery

Thats much to long for me. I start getting the urge to hit again on that muscle in about 5-6 days on average.

I have at times, trained with 9 days rest in between each muscle group bro, with quality results. I was doing 10 sets per muscle group at he time, if I recall correctly. I switched between heavy straightbar work on one routine, and heavy dbell or machine work the next time I trained that group. About 6 of those 10 sets were "to failure". Before I started using this routine, I did the twice every 7 days thing, and had more plateus than anyone on the planet, it seemed. After the switch, I immediately noticed strength, growth, and endurance that I thought at times I'd never see. For me, I need the rest, depending on the type of trianing I am doing. I cannot train heavy 2X every 7 days and expect to achieve much progress. Everyone is different though.

The point is, is that you should at least try it, if you feel a switch is in order. Good luck brother

Last edited:
casualbb said:
That's why you don't do absolute failure.

Yeah that and hooking up all of those electrodes for the stimulation so you can get your next 30 reps in your set with your 3 rep max weight is just a pain in the ass.

God I hope someone understand what I ment...

BodyByFinaplix said:

Yeah that and hooking up all of those electrodes for the stimulation so you can get your next 30 reps in your set with your 3 rep max weight is just a pain in the ass.

God I hope someone understand what I ment...

absolute failure is a relative term I am afraid, lol.

collegiateLifter said:

absolute failure is a relative term I am afraid, lol.
Yes it is, and its also absolutely impossible without outside assitance. The nervous system will fail dozens of reps before the muscle does with a given weight. LoL

Top Bottom