Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hiring a new trainer (again)-

MsBeverlyHills

so this will be my 4th PT... I really dont want to screw it up this time cauas this guys a pro & works w/alot of comp bodybuilders....but I get easily frustrated w/the PTs that dont want to try out new lifts or think training women is always hi reps on Nautilus machines...

so-- any advice to make it work this time...

Hmmmm, Well I saw a lady in a sporting goods store selling weights and she was mentioning to the customer that she was a PT, I thought her body was perfection and long story short I am using her and am very happy. I based my decision on her body, I figure she knows how to build a beautiful body, I want that....turns out she trains a lot of my neighbors and professional athletes.

Most PT's know one training methd and it is some variation of hit. I would try to find a trainer that has a solid athletic background and specializes in performance and not bb....They will most likely be more creative when it comes to program design and everything else...I know there are at least a few oly lifters at your gym....ask them if they know anyone

ging-- dont like training w/women-- they talk too much.

IL-- I already hired this guy-- but is it bad to tell him what Im doing now & that certain lifts (like Hammer strength deadlifts or squating on the Smith machine) I wont do???

Almost sounds like you need a training partner more than an instructor. I've learned a heck of a lot through the years just from training with other die hards and adjusting the routines to my specific needs. Plus, it's free.. lol

-TP

Just tell him what you want to accomplish as a short term goal, and see how he plans on getting you there. If you don't agree with his methods, then I guess keep trying.

No offense, but it sounds like you kindof already have your own ideas as to what a trainer should or should not have you doing to get you to where you want to be. If that is the case, why not just take the ideas that you think a trainer should have to achieve your goals, and simply apply them yourself? My point is; why do you even need a trainer at all? I'm not trying to sound wiseass-ish here, but that makes no sense to me.

sounds to me like you don't need a trainer either. why do you want one?

i don't think there is anything wrong with telling a PT which lifts you do or don't want to do.

Ms. BH, if you don't trust the trainer or you don't feel comfortable doing what they prescribe (ie. you think they recommend sissy exercises) then screw them, don't waste your money. The majority of PT's as well as the majority of people in general prefer easy exercises performed on machines. That is just a simple fact.

If I were you, I'd put together a list of goals and exercises you want to incorporate into your program and get in touch with a good strength and conditioning coach to help you put something together and consult with here and there as you progress. But, I doubt you "need a personal trainer" though.

Top Bottom