Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hip issues with leg days

U

UA_Iron

Man, after squats and deadlifts my hips are sore. Its like the hip joint when my leg extends back during a walking stride.

My legs are kind of wuss, so I am thinking about hitting them twice a week. But with this pain I cant imagine it being possible.

I've checked my form with squats and DL's and it's excellent.

Has anyone had issues with hip rotation or hips in general?

you might have flexibility issues at a guess

try some bulgarian splisquat isometric hold at the bottom with front leg elevated on a 4-6inch block for 1 min each leg

at the start of each workout, just once each side, and then later after each leg workout

yeah, but elevate the front leg on a block if you can so your bdoiy can sink down as it fatigue and stretch out - let it do this. No weights, bodyweight is challanging enough! for 1min. Just one per side. But rest at least 2mins between sides, preferable 3 - you will need it :)

these work fast, after a few session you should see your hip flexors and glutes much more flexible. Also try and stay as upright as you can, look up a bit

After things improve you just do them after your workout to keep things from regressing.

You might want start doing em a day or 2 ahead of your leg workout, to get the ball rolling fast

CoolColJ said:
yeah, but elevate the front leg on a block if you can so your bdoiy can sink down as it fatigue and stretch out - let it do this. No weights, bodyweight is challanging enough! for 1min. Just one per side. But rest at least 2mins between sides, preferable 3 - you will need it :)

these work fast, after a few session you should see your hip flexors and glutes much more flexible. Also try and stay as upright as you can, look up a bit

After things improve you just do them after your workout to keep things from regressing.

You might want start doing em a day or 2 ahead of your leg workout, to get the ball rolling fast

thanks again man, very helpful

I have flexibility issues with my legs and have had problems with my hips before from squatting. With my legs straight I can reach about 4 inches below my knees. I think I was pulling my hip flexor and a trainer showed me how to stretch it out. You basically do a lunge while keeping your back straight and reaching over your head with the arm opposite your forward leg. Do for each side. I haven't had any problems since I started this a few months ago.

same thing happened with me a few months back, out of nowhere. as others here stated, I just started doing simple stretches (like sitting indian style stretch....) and it helped a TON.

Top Bottom