Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIIT experts needed.

firefighter337

I started HIIT at the first of the year. From what I understand, I am doing it correctly.

I do 25 minutes of cardio. 20 minutes before my workout and 5 minutes after for a cool down.

I have been using the eliptical machine. I do a 5 minute warm up then 1 minute High intensity (full sprint - around 175 bpm), then 1 minute at a much lower intensity (a quick walk - around 160-165 bpm) upto 18 minutes, with a 2 minute cool down.

I know this all depends on heart rate and recovery. But I have noticed in the past 2 weeks, my recovery times are getting better. In addition, it takes a much higher intensity to get to the 175 bpm mark.

My goal is fat loss while increasing heart and lung capacity.

Someone critique me.

I started HIIT at the first of the year. From what I understand, I am doing it correctly.

I do 25 minutes of cardio. 20 minutes before my workout and 5 minutes after for a cool down.

I have been using the eliptical machine. I do a 5 minute warm up then 1 minute High intensity (full sprint - around 175 bpm), then 1 minute at a much lower intensity (a quick walk - around 160-165 bpm) upto 18 minutes, with a 2 minute cool down.

I know this all depends on heart rate and recovery. But I have noticed in the past 2 weeks, my recovery times are getting better. In addition, it takes a much higher intensity to get to the 175 bpm mark.

My goal is fat loss while increasing heart and lung capacity.

Someone critique me.

Not bad.

I plan to start back up on the HIIT too. One day. Maybe. If i'm lucky :D

Check this out.

Energy System Training - The Science of Total Training

The AFTERBURN ENERGY SYSTEM Routine

This can be performed using any cardiovascular machine, and I suggest that you use them all. Multi-mode cardio (where you change the machine or type of activity regularly) has been shown in the research to be another more effective factor. So as a general guideline, don’t use the same cardio machine two workouts in a row.

The Routine:

Warm up for five minutes

Round: Perform 1 minute as fast as you can (a level 9 or 10 intensity – on a scale of 1-10).

Recover at a moderate pace for two minutes (a level 6-7 intensity).

That’s one “round” – and it lasts three minutes

Cool down for five minutes

Now alongside the weight training and nutrition program included in this e-book – I also want you to perform the Afterburn Energy System Routine several times each week. These workouts can be done after your weight training workouts, later the same day or on separate days. What I don’t want you to do is to perform these routines BEFORE weight training. This will reduce the effectiveness of your program.

Weeks One to Four: Perform three rounds, three times per week.

The total cardio time will be 19 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

Weeks Five to Eight: Perform four rounds, four times per week.

The total cardio time will be 22 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

Weeks Nine to Twelve: Perform five rounds, four times per week.

The total cardio time will be 25 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

Weeks Thirteen to Sixteen: Perform six rounds, five times per week.

The total cardio time will be 28 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

This type of cardio training performed as prescribed, typically results in a 1-2lb fat loss per week. So over a sixteen week period, depending on your dedication to nutrition, supplementation and your weight training routine, we are looking at a possible loss of at least 16-30 plus lbs of fat.

Yep, you're doing good.

The key is to keep progressing. You must always be doing something to make it more challenging. Whether that is increasing the total duration, decreasing rest, increasing "sprint" time, increasing resistance.

I hope you are as meticulous with your diet as well.

HIIT on the elliptical is crazy, lol.. I feel retarded going fast on that thing.
I've been doing it on the treadmill recently, haven't really been timing it, just trying to get 3 - 4 sprints in, my slower pace is longer because my heart rate gets f'in high. I like it though, seems to work well.

I'm 22 yo, 6'2", 295 lbs (down from 380).
I've been doing variations of HIIT for the past 5 months or so, seems to be working great. :)

I hope you are as meticulous with your diet as well.

I honestly have never been able to say this before. But my diet is spot on. Pretty close to perfect.

My ONLY cheat food a spoonful of peanut butter - Not ANPB - Only once or twice a week. I should probably go with the ANPB, but the flavor is not there for me.

1/13/09 meals and workout:

Morning wake up/ pre-cardio
- 20 grams of american whey protein - dutch chocolate - its a drug

bike around the neighborhood - 30 minutes -steady pace

breakfast
6 egg whites
1/2 whole wheat bagel

go to fire station

snack
40 gram protein shake
1 banana

lunch
(took 3 chicken breast with no sodium cajun seasoning shredded it in a food processor)
Ate half of that concoction
2 cups of mixed veggies
1/2 sweet potatoe

snack
clementine orange
half of the chicken concoction (3/4 chicken breast)

dinner
palm size serving of salmon
bed of brown rice
2 cups of brussell sprouts
other half of sweet potatoe

snack
40 grams protein shake

Cardio - jumped rope for 5-7 minutes. I am not good at it, but I am trying.

I know that was 7 meals, but it was a long day - 18 hours. I was hungry, so I gave in and drank some protein. Normal days, I eat/drink 6 times.

Tomorrow is: Wake up, cardio
Tomorrow night is: Back, Bi's abs and more HIIT cardio

I am going for high protein, lower carb, moderate healthy fats.

HIIT on the elliptical is crazy, lol.. I feel retarded going fast on that thing.
I've been doing it on the treadmill recently, haven't really been timing it, just trying to get 3 - 4 sprints in, my slower pace is longer because my heart rate gets f'in high. I like it though, seems to work well.

I'm 22 yo, 6'2", 295 lbs (down from 380).
I've been doing variations of HIIT for the past 5 months or so, seems to be working great. :)

Impressive weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom