Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Highest Power to bodyweight ratio

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Alexi Sivokan is probably the strongest man in the world pound for pound. He is a 148 lb powerlifter who pretty consistently goes for a 11 or 12 times bodyweight total.

Best bench by formula (a little different than pound for pound) is George Halbert who benched 733 weighing 215.

If you are looking for who can bench squat deadlift and total the most multiples of their own bodyweight, you are probably going to find that most of them are in the 123, 132, and 148 lb weight classes. Hope this helps. If not , ask your question again in a different way, and I will try and post a better answer.

B.

Lamar Gant, I think had the highest total in relation to his bodyweight. I don't know for sure but I think it was 12.33 times bodyweight at about 132 lbs bodyweight. I will look it up at home and post again when i am sure.

I could do a few from memory, but I have a list at the house, and I will post when I can be sure. What lifts are you interested in? Squat, bench, deadlift and total are all I have.

The records according to multiples of bodywieght are going to be grossly skewed in the direction of guys in the 132 and 148's though, and I doubt with a handle like yours that you are anywhere near that small.

I know more about guys near my own size and the super heavies than I do off the top of my head about the smaller guys. The top lifts by a 220 are (pretty close, if not exact) as follows:

Squat - Chuck Vogelpohl - 1000 lbs
Bench - George Halbert - 733 lbs.
Deadlift - Ed Coan - real close to 900
Total - Ed Coan - something like 2410

The Squat and Bench were recently set, that is why I remember them exactly, the deadlift and total were set before I started powerlifting, and I am not exact on those.

B

I got that backward earlier. Lamar Gant did 12 times bodyweight, and Alexie Sivokon did the highest total ever in relation to bodyweight with a 12.33 times bodyweight total, making him the strongest man pound for pound in history.

Ed Coan has the best total ever according to formula with a 2408 at 220.

Best bench ever according to multiples of bodyweight is Markus Schick who benched 562 weighing 152, a 3.7 times bodyweight bench. The second best ever is Greg Warr with a 510 bench weighing 145 lbs, a 3.51 times bodyweight bench.

This is about all I could find. Couldn't find best squat and deadlift by coefficient, but best squat all time is 1,041 by Brent Mikesell, and the best Deadlift ever is over 900 lbs by Gary Heinsey.

Hope this helps.

B

Those pound for pound ratings are way overrated and are misleading. I consider George Halberts 733 bench at 215 much more impressive than Schicks 562. The pound for pound formulas always seem to favor the little guys who are great in their own right but dont belong on the top of a list with bigger and stronger people under them. I wouldnt put someone higher in ANY ranking who is a 132 pound guy who has a total 1000 less than Ed Coan who is 2408 at 220.

Alsop consider Joko Ahola as possibly the strongest pound for pound although its not in powerlifting he did win 2 worlds strongest man titles weighing about 260 or 265 I think and he was able to beat giant 300 plus people like Magnus Samuelson and Sven Karlson to name a few.

Cytomel,

I could not agree with you more. If you read one of my earlier posts I said that the pound for pound lists are grossly skewed in favor of 123, 132 and 148 lbers. That is why formula is a better way to judge between weight classes.

Jouko Ahola is also very impressive. He is a Hell of a powerlifter as well as a strongman. I think he deadlifted well over 800. Pretty studly. But I think the threadstarter was looking for power to weight ratio, so that is why I posted what I did.

B

You guys are right the do favor little guys but i think they help the big guys the most. That handicap starts at 165 and under, and 275 and up. I have been beat on formula a few times by guys that out weigh me by 45, 50 , even 100 lbs and the lift just a little more. I am more impressed with a guy whio weighs 200 and benches 550, 600 , then i am a 325 , 350 lb guy who benches 675. 0r even 700. I know there has to be this formula but i think it needs to be revised. I dont expect a 350lber to bench 3x there weight but they need to do a littlemore then 2x there weight to beat a 3xbodyweight by someone else.

Top Bottom