Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High weight, low rep/Low weight, high rep

Snitz

It seems that a lot of people fall into either one of the two "camps": using a ton of weight for a few reps, or using little weight for many reps. For the longest time I've been training with HWLR, but since my shoulders started stagnating I tried using the opposite, some LWHR work with partial clean-and-presses. I difference I felt was HUGE: a bigger, better pump and aching growth. I'm definitely going with LWHR from now on, all over...!

What seems to work best for you? Is it all across the board, or do different people respond different to different methods of lifting?

Protobuilder said:
Everything works. Nothing works forever. Except continued progression in terms of weight on the bar. That works forever.

That's fuckin' great! That should be in a book or something. :evil:

the only thing I get a pump doing is my higher rep curls.. and my arms are the most pathetic part of my body.

the pump's meaningless.. but if chasing it keeps you motivated to train and add weight then it'll work for you.

exteme sorness is a sign of you being unconditioned.....not out of shape, but unconditioned......

i always felt high weight gets you stronger
while high reps will induce more hypertrophy.

i stick in the 5 rep range when trying to get bigger since strenght is what i strive for....DIET will KEEP ME LOOKING GOOD

Top Bottom