Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High rep/Low rep

gymtime

As a former fat kid and young adult, I've been working out consistently for the last eight years or so. I'm 6'1", 220, roughly 12% bf. In that time I've dropped over 60lbs and kept it off. I've been so consumed with losing weight/lowering bf, that my body has become completely accustomed to lower weight, hi rep-type lifting routines. I'm one of the bigger guys in my gym, but I haven't lifted heavy in years, until recently.

I'm just now starting to understand that lifting heavy is the only way I'll do anything beyond maintenance. I'm now lifting heavier with fewer reps, and letting the diet and cardio take care of the fat.

The problem is that because of this, my workouts seem shorter and, even though I'm lifting more weight, I don't feel like I normally do after a workout. I'm not drowning in sweat and I'm always feeling like I should be doing more. Feels like no matter how much I'm putting up weight wise (and I have been getting stronger, no doubt), I'm still going from 30 reps per excercise to around 21.

I can't get past feeling like I'm pussing out somehow. Is this normal?

it is always normal to feel different or odd after switching a workout. Especially one you have done for so long. Anyway one suggestion for you is to incorporate drop sets into your workout. Meaning, keep training heavy, but on your last set of compound movements, lower the weight, then get right back down and rep it out for whatever you can. This will help to give you that same feeling, while helping you get stronger and leaner.

Oh and congradulations on your weight loss. 60 pounds less of fat is something to be quite proud of.

Top Bottom