Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIGH REP DEADLIFTS: Do they add mass?

bonan

i thinking about trying some heavy, high-rep deadlifs(12-20) with an abbreviated program ala super squats, to gain some mass.

does anybody have any experience with these?

Im thinking about doing them for 1 hard ass set, two times a week with a select few compound excersises thrown in.

what do you guys think about this strategy?:smash:

I think any weight you can lift for 12 reps or more is not heavy. I do deads like any other excercise, only I do one extra set; 10,8,6,4. I don't see how up to 20 reps are going to build mass.

As much as it pains me.... I agree with gymtime.

Just to be difficult, though, I'd like to hear the details of the routine you're thinking about.

Belial said:
As much as it pains me.... I agree with gymtime.

Just to be difficult, though, I'd like to hear the details of the routine you're thinking about.

This might be overkill, but I'm going to have this post framed and sent to all Elite members. :D

Belial said:
I'll deny everything.

My little sister got access to my account.

bastard.

SILENCE!!!! Your protests mean nothing! Nothing I say!!

It's immortalized in print now. No takebacks.

Assface.

Okay, well, I'm STILL reserving my final judgement on whether or not I TRULY agree with you until the rest of my question is answered.

choad

havent any of you heard about those high rep squat and deadlift programs the old timers used to use to pack on mass.

its outlined in the book "Super Squats". it calls for you to lift your 10 rep max for 20 reps using will power and balls.

i cant believe nobody has ever heard of this book

Breathing squats. Yes. Some people love them. But deadlifts may be a bit different. If you're putting the load down....it's not the same thing. Part of the effectiveness of breathing squats is found in the fact that your body is under stress even while"resting" between reps..... Achieving a similar affect with deads would be difficult.

Go for it if you want, keep us posted.

And bring a barf bucket.

ill probably try it in a few weeks when the football season is over.

ill let everybody know how its going.

thanks for the feedback;)

Top Bottom