Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIGH REP DEADLIFTS: Do they add mass?

Question:

When doing deadlifts, are you supposed to let the weight all the way down, so that it rests on the floor, and then go again for the number of reps?

Maybe I am doing them wrong, because I try to keep it from touching the floor. This might strain my lower back more than necessary...hmmm....if this is the case I need to change for the better.

I am only just getting the form right, so I haven't been going so heavy.

Hell yeah

I double dog dare anyone to try it.

I once did 30 deads with 265 - (in as little time possible-breathing type)

When you get to 20 you feel it, when you get to 30 youll want to forget it.

I can honeslty say that it was one of the more intense workouts I have ever had. (And I have done some crazy amounts of volume)

By the time 30 reps came around, the bar was coming out of guys hands etc...

Give it a try

NUgg

NB- I don't let the weight actually touch the floor, this avoids bouncing. But I get it pretty damn close. It's like most other excercises, you need to get a good long range of motion. If your back is bothering you, lower the weight and use good form. Your weights will increase in time.

nugg - no doubt that routine was intense, but was it beneficial?

No doubt

but I havent had the "balls" to do it again. I was sore (for the first time years) for about 5 days after.

6 guys were at my home gym on that day, 3 of them wanted to get sick. It may be a little to much. However, if you have the cahones- this would no doubt be beneficial if used sparingly (once a month)-

If you ever got to the point where you could deadlift 265 pds for 30 reps withou a break, I doubt that you would have 15" arms- you probably would be quite large and quite strong.

NUgg

Give it a try, tell me what you think.

I do a standard SLDL; 3 sets, 8 reps each. Perhaps drop sets are the way to gain more mass and watch the weights go up. Will try this.

Yes, because of the constant stress, every rep you do, will stress a large amount of muscles...which will build up muscle, even if it is light weight...or a lighter weight so that you can get 20 reps, you should still build a substantial amount of mass...i mean every rep you put the weight down and then you stress the whole body every rep...its not constant tension...but Squats and Deadlift are mass kings...so yes, they will build mass...its all in the anabolic release...make your workouts short and eat food, sleep right, and you should be on your way to a 10-20 lb gain in no time..:)

but I havent had the "balls" to do it again. I was sore (for the first time years) for about 5 days after.

6 guys were at my home gym on that day, 3 of them wanted to get sick. It may be a little to much. However, if you have the cahones- this would no doubt be beneficial if used sparingly (once a month)-

If you ever got to the point where you could deadlift 265 pds for 30 reps withou a break, I doubt that you would have 15" arms- you probably would be quite large and quite strong.

NUgg

Give it a try, tell me what you think.

You were sore for the simple fact that it was something you never done before. A new response for
Your body.

Top Bottom