Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High or low volume for bulking

Chameleonchris

I'm curious as to what offers best results for mass building.
When I lift heavy, I often don't feel tension on the specific muscle group, however on my lighter warm up sets I get a really good burn and pump, so therefore is it better to do more sets of a weight where you feel the deep burn, or go for less sets of 100% effort to failure?
My gains seem similar on both, however with an uptake of calories heavy seems to give bigger gains but after 4 weeks of this type of training, my body Is fatigued and I feel like shit, despite looking good, so is it worth sticking to volume weights with one heavy week per month?

I always go for high volume. Shovel nutrient rich blood into the muscle.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Perfect pyramiding, which is Arniold, "old school" stuff, where you pyramid up to your heaviest set for 3-6 reps and then back down to a final set of 15 gives the best of both worlds. But you need to change things up every 12 weeks or so to keep growing.

Just did bench press at 60% of my max weight for 15 sets of 12 with minimal rest between sets! Chest is pumped and already sore! Not to mention my rotator cuffs are not agony!! This may be my new regime for the next couple months, currently I'm just bridging with ostarine, cycle begins 15th June for 8 weeks so looking forward to seeing how high volume works on cycle too

It just depends on what works for you. Everybody is different. For me, High volume blows balls, and I can't gain shit on it. I do high intensity, heavy weights, and low volume and I blow the fuck up and get strong as shit. Of course a lot if guys do great with volume work. Its just not for me. There's no right or wrong answer. Everyone is different and responds to things differently.

It just depends on what works for you. Everybody is different. For me, High volume blows balls, and I can't gain shit on it. I do high intensity, heavy weights, and low volume and I blow the fuck up and get strong as shit. Of course a lot if guys do great with volume work. Its just not for me. There's no right or wrong answer. Everyone is different and responds to things differently.

I've always done low volume high intensity, but my joints are suffering especially shoulders, gonna give the high volume a try and see how it goes

if your shoulder joints feel like they are wearing out then maybe you shouldn't hit them as often, i dont know how often you work them so its just a suggestion. also, make sure you are developing your back just as much as your shoulders because if your doing mainly pressing exercises with your shoulders and you neglect your back your going to devolve imbalances in the muscles that use the shoulder joint which will lead to pain eventually. im not saying your doing this im just speaking from my own personal mistakes in which i had to learn the hard way

I've always done low volume high intensity, but my joints are suffering especially shoulders, gonna give the high volume a try and see how it goes

Maybe you will have better results than I did. I went high volume to give my body a break from the heavy, high intensity stuff over the winter, but it ended up not gaining a damn thing from it even while being on cycle and everything. Now if my body starts feeling worn down, I just give it a break for a week and that usually does the trick

Maybe you will have better results than I did. I went high volume to give my body a break from the heavy, high intensity stuff over the winter, but it ended up not gaining a damn thing from it even while being on cycle and everything. Now if my body starts feeling worn down, I just give it a break for a week and that usually does the trick

Really! Even on cycle? That don't sound good!! Before my last contest a couple months ago I did mega heavy training max 4 reps to failure and my chest grew massively! (On cycle) but after 8 weeks I was in agony, waking in the night with muscle cramps etc!! I have reasonable size right now as I'm pre contest so I'm hoping that I can harden up with the high volume for the summer at least! I'll be starting anavar, proviron, ostarine and gw soon, so strength should still go up, so may try pyramid training too.

Top Bottom