Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey guys help my brrother gain some self confidence

NOLOGY77

Hello everyone. My brother is 32 years old, 165lbs weight 5.8" height and is he is a kind of an ectomorph. The reason is that he was playing soccer for more than 10 years semi-pro so his body has always being slim waist and up. He wants to start gaining some mass and i reccomended him to start with 5X5 SL.

His question and mine also is that his is not strong enough now. I mean he can bench 5 rm at 137lbs, squat 5rm at 143 and deadlift 200-220. Will SL5 x5 be a proper program to start with since his lift stats are not so big? Shall he train with a different program to raise the numbers a bit or is the SL the program that will do that for him? He did lift before but again with lighter weights due to soccer training. He has access to most of clean foods any time of the day and also he can buy any supplement money isnt a big issue for him

Thansk for any help

i would say the 5x5 is the best for a beginner to get up their lifts/strenght... he should do great on that program as long as he eats good... remember, eat bit to lift big...
i wouldnt worry so much about supplements for the time being, except maybe a protein shake after workouts... let him progress as far as he can before adding anything in.. wish i would have done it that way, would have saved a lot of money... then maybe some creatine after a good 6 months... but really the diet is the most important...

The beauty of the SL 5x5 is that it is designed for complete beginners. If your brother does the programme exactly as outlined he should be starting with the bar only and adding 5lbs per exercise per workout, 10lbs for deadlifts. Have you downloaded the stronglifts report from the website yet? It'll outline everything in there for him exactly as it should be done and will have him lofting decent weights in no time :)

Top Bottom