Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hernia or not?

costan

so I stopped using my lifting strap and a few weeks later I started feeling pain not intense but some sort of discomfort in my lower abdomen, it hurts more when I work out or press it, after that I went back to the weight lifting strap but even wearing it, it hurts when I lift and do abs, how do I know if it's a simple injury or it' a hernia and it might get worst, thank you.

It very easily could be a hernia. Without looking at you in person, it's impossible for me to help with a diagnosis.

I would book an appointment with your doctor or health care professional and get it properly checked out. It isn't worth risking. You can make a small injury a very severe one if you keep training with the damaged muscle group.

I would get it looked at for sure. I have a buddy with a nasty hernia and trust me you want to get that shit taken care of before it gets worse. If it ends up not being a hernia then all is good anyways.

Hernia can be of different severity.

Some people have hernia and dont even know it, as its not as serious. However, if there is any chance, I would get it checked.

You want to start by warming up and then stretching the abdomen. Avoid lifting too heavy or doing things that put a lot of strain on your gut.

Truth be told, if you are using proper weights and training with proper form - you will not get a hernia.

Getting a hernia is not that easy. It's the result of ego lifting and using weights your body is not physically ready for yet.

Warm up properly, stick with weights you can lift with good form and don't ego lift and you have nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom