Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with weight training routine

get a gym membership

right.....talking with a personal trainer and nutritionist could help with an effective routine and nutrition plan to get you started. Patience is a key factor in reaching your goal, muscle doesn't "happen" overnight.

I'd recommend getting a gym membership. More access to more free weights. Free weights are the way to go to put on muscle. Do mostly compound movement exercises - deadlifts, bench, standing military press, squats, bent over rowing, etc. This will help you build some size and strengh.
Depending upon what you exactly mean by 'look muscular', depends on how you eat/train. Start by eating 5/6 meals of clean food of fairly equal size - no fast food, donuts, etc. Eat more cals than you burn, so you can add some size and work on building a bit of muscle and then lean down by cutting cals from each meal, a bit at a time. Unless you just want to be skinny with some muscle showing, this is what I'd do.

Stay away from Squatting, Benching, Deadlifts and other load baring lifts if you dont want to add size to your frame. By doing loadbearing lifts your bones will grow thicker and change the shape of your body.

Keep Left said:
Stay away from Squatting, Benching, Deadlifts and other load baring lifts if you dont want to add size to your frame. By doing loadbearing lifts your bones will grow thicker and change the shape of your body.
You're being sarcastic, right?

Guinness5.0 said:
You're being sarcastic, right?

If he doesnt want to get a bigger body then no. He says he doesnt want to "bulk up" so if he just isolates muscle groups then he will add muscle mass without the thickening of the bones that happens when you do heavy load bearing lifts.

If he just wants to "look good naked" there really is no need to do things like power cleans, etc. It all depends on his goals. He said he doesnt want to get bulky but wants to be muscular. So just work on the areas he wants the muscles.

I've never heard of bones growing b/c of lifting weights. They can get denser, but I'd be pretty surprised if anyone had an appreciable change in bone size based on weight lifting.

Is there anyone else who thinks bones will grow from lifting?

Top Bottom