Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help with shoulder injury

gshaw0624

Hello, I have to ask an open question to anyone who can help. I am a 28 year old male who has been working out for about 10 years off and on. I had my second shoulder surgery for instability on august 11, 2006. The shoulder surgery was an open surgery to prevent dislocations of which i did close to 30 times. On January 3, 2007 I was cleared by my physical therapist to start working out, also i was discharhge from pt that same day.
My question is this what should i do in regards to excerises and stuff. My goal is to get back in shape cause i lost my most of it because of 5 months of therapy and recovery. I am about 5'11 180 i want to be 170-175 and more defined.
Thanks for your help.
Gregg Shaw
[email protected]

al420 said:
WHat did they tell you to do / not do? Can you bench press or do overhead work?

i have the same injury.

i allowed to barbell bench press and barbell shoulder press (military / oh press) but dumbbell work is not advised because that tends to put the shoulder in a potentially awkward situation. also, side lateral raises, uprght rows, etc have been advised against.

everybody's dislocation area is different. gshaw0624, what did the doc say in reference to squats and stuff also? do u have complete ROM so u can grip the squat bar comfortably?

al420 said:
WHat did they tell you to do / not do? Can you bench press or do overhead work?

see i was told not to do anything that would put my shoulder to get it lose as in a wide pull up position. basacially my shoulder would pop out when it was up and back. they want to me to keep my shoulder tight, i guess its hard to explain

gshaw0624 said:
see i was told not to do anything that would put my shoulder to get it lose as in a wide pull up position. basacially my shoulder would pop out when it was up and back. they want to me to keep my shoulder tight, i guess its hard to explain
oooh....urs is the inverse of my problem lol...but i know what u mean...

are u sure the doctor said that? why dont u go to ur doc and speak to him again about exercises u are allowed to do? make a list of one's u want to do and get the ok from him/her and if he says no to any u can ask for a substitute.

is ur goal still to become strong?

Andalite said:
oooh....urs is the inverse of my problem lol...but i know what u mean...

are u sure the doctor said that? why dont u go to ur doc and speak to him again about exercises u are allowed to do? make a list of one's u want to do and get the ok from him/her and if he says no to any u can ask for a substitute.

is ur goal still to become strong?

thanks for your help everyone

hey bro

i know u pm'ed me

ill reply to ur last pm regarding some advice and stuff in a while...i dun want u to get any wrong impression so im posting this

peace

Andalite said:
hey bro

i know u pm'ed me

ill reply to ur last pm regarding some advice and stuff in a while...i dun want u to get any wrong impression so im posting this

peace

thanks i appreciate all the advice and help.

Top Bottom