Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help - Reaching failure too soon

A

Advaik

I havn't added or removed weights from my bars in a month now, yet today when I was lifting I was reaching failure on my first few reps on my third set. I use to be able to dish out the entire three sets with little problem. After PAINFULLY getting through my third sets I was unable to even lift 1/4 the weight. It was like my muscles went dead. I've trained to failure quite a few times, but not being able to lift 1/4 the starting weight? What's up?

Possible that you need to switch things up and try a new routine. You may have hit a brick wall and need a new stimulus.

Need more info...diet, routine...etc...

B True

I was actually thinking it might be my diet. I've been eatting very little lately, a little below maintaince calories. I also havnt lifted in a week since I was on spring break. Can these two small things really effect my lifting that much? I can barely even lift my arms right now. All I was doing was BB Curls 3x8, Lateral Raises 3x8, BNP Press 3x8, Shrugs 3x8, and Skullcrushers 3x8 today just to get back into a routine, but on each lift I was reaching failure on set 3 rep 2/3.

Eat, relax, change your routine up totally. Change your weights, reps, and supplementary exercises. If you aren't as strong as you were...pick something new and succeed at it for a while.

B True

Advaik said:
I was actually thinking it might be my diet. I've been eatting very little lately, a little below maintaince calories. I also havnt lifted in a week since I was on spring break. Can these two small things really effect my lifting that much?

Yes, those aren't "small things".

My advice, get your diet sorted first and foremost. Also, plan out a new training routine to get stuck into. You've had a week off lifting with spring break, so maybe you don't need a rest, or maybe you do - listen to what your body is saying...

On Spring break,

Hmmmm...... did you sleep enough, did you drink, things like these are little things but add them with not eating well and not lifting for a week then they create a big thing. Get your diet and sleep regiment down and the weight should be no problem.

welcome to glycogen depletion. hehe. you might want to get some of your carbs about an hour before your workout to make sure you have the energy to put out in your workouts. you can save the lower cal meals for during the day when you place less demands on your system.

I agree with everyone else, sounds like its your diet. Eating below maintenance is defintely going to cause you to lose strength. You might also want to try and get more rest and sleep. Sometimes, when I train hard and heavy I need a few extra days off.

You might also be dehydrated, you can lose as much as 10% of your strength and get fatigued way easier if you aren't getting enough water.

Take a week off, lets your muscles recover. Eat healthy, geet plents of sleep and don't TOUCH any weights!!

Top Bottom