Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help My Friends Squat

Tell him to use no weight and practice the form while slowly adding weight until he can carry a good form through his max lifts. Being taller is no excuse; He may also try pushing his knees out to the sides a little bit.

DUDe i used to train people as a trainer and this is what i would do

First of all they look retarded trying to do a squat because its a lot going on at one time. Its like riding a bike u just gotta get used to the motion. I would place a bench behind them and just tell them to sit down because that is the motion they need to get used to. When they sit down and they know something is behind them it forces them to sit "back" and stay on their heals which is where a lot of ppl mess up. So after they get that down I put on weight, just the bar (i always trained women so the bar was kinda a lot at first)

After this I would take a video of them doing it with the bench, and then a video with them doing it without the bench. With them being able to visually see what they were doing, they corrected their problems a lot easier rather then when i was telling them what they were doing wrong.

Hope this helps brotha. Also id start with feet wider, toes pointed a little out

fuck i can't believe i forgot the bench trick lol i'll do this for sure.yeah i'm trying to keep him to really strict form but he's just starting so it's taking some time. thanks for the input bro.

Tell him to use no weight and practice the form while slowly adding weight until he can carry a good form through his max lifts. Being taller is no excuse; He may also try pushing his knees out to the sides a little bit.

some good advice in here...

maybe also try squatting in boots with a raised heel instead of plates...

+1 to both of those.

I'm making sure his knees stay out.

and i keep telling him i don't give a fuck how tall he is lol.

thanks for the advice bros, all good shit. i should have him squatting perfectly soon. thanks for all the advice everyone!

He needs to wear Chucks.

Start with a very high box to squat on and as his technique improves, lower the box.

jus for clarification, foam rolling on the hip flexors will NOT make the hip flexors looser. Hip flexors are a tendon, not a muscle.

Hip mobility would be the way to go

jus for clarification, foam rolling on the hip flexors will NOT make the hip flexors looser. Hip flexors are a tendon, not a muscle.

Hip mobility would be the way to go

Yes you can foam roll the hip flexors as well as the glutes, IT BAND, and inner and outer quad. There is a lot of scar tissue built up in those areas that needs to be loosened up. It will make your hips looser and increase the range of motion.

Check out this link

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...g_performance_repair/feel_better_for_10_bucks

He needs to wear Chucks.

Start with a very high box to squat on and as his technique improves, lower the box.

i do think chucks are the best for most to be lifting in... definately NO to tennis shoes or anything like that... but hard soles boots with a slightly raised heel do in fact help some...
oly shoes, same shit, they have a raised heel too...
speaking of this, im due for a new pair of chucks myself...
oh i also lifted in adidas samba's for a couple years and they were just fine... flat soled like the chucks...

Top Bottom