Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me!!! Crazy Leg schedule needed!!

AlbinoRhino

Ok guys I need some serious advice from people who know some good leg workouts, and know how much those individual muscle groups can take. A week ao I broke my left wrist and my elbow riding a wheelie on a dirtbike down some pavement so now I'm compeletely fucked for working out. I don't assume I will be able to do any upper body for a good 2 months at the earliest, gunna have to do physical therapy and all that to get my range of motion back first.

My legs have always been far behind my upper body in regards to size and strength so I figured now is a great time to catch them up and even my body out. I wont be able to do any deadlifts and anything that will require actual gripping str, I assume I should still be able to do squats on the Smith machine and 99% of the other leg machines should be ok.

So my question to you advanced body building guru's and genetic freaks what would be an ideal workout for me to get my legs to maximum potential? I want to be in the gym accleast 3X a week, because this downtime outside the gym is driving me insane. Perhaps some kind of split for quads hams and calves? Help me out here guys I know a fair amount about working out but legs I am somewhat lacking in kno9wledge about.

Try a quad/ham/calves split:

Day One Quads:
1. Smith-press squats
2. leg presses
3. leg extensions

Day Two Hams:
1. lying leg curls
2. seated leg curls
3. standing leg curls

Day Three Calves:
1. standing calf raises
2. seated calf raises
3. leg press calf raises

Try doing crunches each day to keep some core strength. Good luck.

I'd up the leg frequency because you're not gonna be training your upper body so you should be able to recover from 2-3x a week on the legs.

I'd probably do a classic Bill Starr heavy-light-medium 5x5 squat routine mon-wed-fri. Do 3 sets ham curls and 3 set calf raises on monday and friday after the squats and 1x15-20 leg press on Wednesday.

Or squat 5x5 on Monday, and 1x20 on Thursday, both heavy sessions. Do 3 set ham and 3 sets calves on each of those days.

Probably get a bunch of different answers.

i would take this time to really get your squat down..please do not do msith squats they put you in an unnatural squat position..i would concentrate on building your posterior chain whic will also help your dead when you are able to pull again..you want to hit your qauds hams low back and abs..
i would do something like this

monday: box squats
12 x2 @50-60% of max
this is where you will work on your form start at parallel and slowly get lower
throw in some ab work here as well

wednesday:
squats 5x5

fri:
Gm's sets of five
hamstrings
heavy ab work as well

heres what i do in one day that works wonders. its a lot of volume but it doesnt take more than an hour. ive done it for the past month and still get sore:

5x5 squatsx12
4x12 leg press 45 degrees
4x12 leg ext
3x10 seated leg curl
3x10 lying leg curl
3x10 SLDL barbells
standing calf 5x15
seated calf 5x15

Day 1
Squat Heavy 5x5
good mornings: 4x10
Calf raises 4x10
abs

Day 2
Squat Light 5x5 (20% less than day 1)
Leg Curls 4x10
Seated Calf raises 4x10
abs

Day 3
Squat Medium 5x5 (10% less than day 1)
good mornings: 4x10
Calf press 4x10
abs

Last edited:
work in freeweights as much as you can! the smith is probably better than nothing but if you can do freeweight front or back squats it would benefit you a lot.

I suggested the Smith Press squats because you do have to have some grip power to even balance a barbell on your back. :bigbuck:

Not totally true bomber.

You can take a really wide grip and just let your hands and arms wrap around the bar. Not advocating it's usage, but I've seen quite a few guys do it without problems. You see it in bodybuilding comics alot.

Hells yes you guys rock! I like all of these suggestions so far and considering the amount of time I am going to be unable to do anything upper body related I may just try 2 or 3 of the routines posted. Maybe I can keep this post up to date and let you know how the strength increases are coming along, I have slacked on squats bad and this is a perfect opportunity for me.

I think i will stick to the smith machine for all of my presses, I am sure I could balance the bar properly while doing my squats, but on the off chance I end up slightly off balance or fail on a set I dont want to be teh guy in an arm sling falling over in the squat rack.

In two months I hope to have quite a significant gain on my squat and overall leg strength and size, I just hope it doesnt put my body too far out of proportion. Right before I hurt myself I had started working legs and I already am going tohave to buy new godamn boxers cause they dont fit my legs anymore :/ And my damn pants are turning into highwaters!!!

Top Bottom