Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with Lats

tzan

I took a picture of myself to see what I needed to improve on, and I feel that my weak area is my lats. My upperback is pretty good. What do you guys think is a good exercise for getting the V shape lats besides widegrip pulldowns and pull ups?
Thanks

you can switch from doing barbell bench to dumbell bench presses. It works the lats, because you use your lats more to balance the weight, or try bentover rows, you dont have to bend over very far , bring the bar up to your lower pec.

Try doing pre-exhaustion when you work your back. For example, do a hard set of pullovers to really pump the lats, and immediately after do a set of lat pulldowns or rows. This way your bis won't fatigue before your lats.

Wide grip chins(pulldowns as well),Bent over barbell rowns,Deadlifts and seated cable rows with a wide grip handle such as a hammer strength bar.

pullups are a core body building exercise you need to be able to o them no matter how many you can do I continue to do sets till I reach a total of 50, I can do sets of 12-14 but as my back fatigues and so do my wrists I begin doing reps of say 3-5 so just keep pushing yourself till you hit 50. Arnold said he never saw his back grow till he began doing weighted pull-ups then it exploded.

Top Bottom