Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help incorporating cardio into 5x5 routine

Madd Hatter

I'm currently doing a 4 day split of 5x5 (well, not this week, stupid gym cleaning). I go 2 days on 1 day off, repeat. I know my gut's gotten out of control because when I was whining about it, instead of trying to reassure my insecure ass, my gf said "well, why don't you start cardio again". Ouch.
So now I'm wondering how to go about that. I need to lose this gut, but I want to keep muscle even more. I was originally just going to do 40 min sessions regular-style on my days off, and add an extra day off every cycle. Then I thought I should do HIIT, but I don't want to go into the gym just for 20mins, so that would be after workouts. THEN I thought maybe a hybrid of one 20 min HIIT (away from leg day) post-wo and one regular cardio session on one of my days off (Should I add an extra off day in this case or no?).
Sadly, I'm limited to cardio machines. 1) No track, it's 95 degrees out, and when that stops it will be 30. 2) I worry about my knees. Though if there's something inferior about the elliptical (other than it makes HIIT a bitch), I'll give the treadmill a shot. Any input?

I'm doing a 3-day split on the 5x5, and doing cardio 3x/wk on the off days. Longer sessions seem to work best for me, so I do 45minutes - 1 hour on the eliptical cross trainer thingy as I'm also concerned about my aging knees (not ONE word outta you Joker).

So I think you could probably do HIIT or regular cardio, depending on what works best for you. Just do it on your off days.

But more important than any amount of cardio, watch the DIET!! That will take care of that gut as much as any amount of cardio.

Top Bottom