Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help: how to build bigger biceps and legs overall?

nEwSkIn

Hi

I believe I have a genetic tendency to develop my chest, and abs easier than my biceps or legs. I´d like to balance things a bit.

So, is there a good routine to get me going?

Also, I´d like to shrink my abs a bit, they are standing out too much, and give a pretty "bulky" appearance compared to my legs or biceps, which I don´t appreciate much.

Thanx for helping!

The biggest reason people have bulky abs is because of improper training. If you want strong abs without the bulk use very high weight and low rep exercises.

Zyglamail, shouldn´t it be the other way around?

Meaning, when you do more reps, your muscles get smaller although more defined?

Somedays I do calisthenics-type abdominals, where the reps don´t go over 8, other days I do 2 sets of about 100...

Please suggest any specific good training advice for lowering the bulk on my abs (it´s not fat, really!)

thanx!

high reps and moderate weight for abs. Actually, I wouldn't even work them if I were you. I just recently dieted and can now see my abs pretty clear and I've never worked them in my life. I just do a few crunches every now and then to keep them tight. As for legs and Bi's...barbell curls and squats. Alternate between different weights for barbell curls. one day heavy, the other light with high reps. Eat alot, my arms didn't grow until I packed on a shitload of fat.....in other words, you gotta lose the abs a little to gain the arms and then lose again. Don't neglect your tri's they are 1/3 of your arm. Do close grip bench and overhead extensions. For legs I personally don't go under 10 reps with very good form. good luck.

Possibly dieting even if your already lean... Trying to lose of visceral fat that might be pushing your abs outward?

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=243420

Japanese scientists have discovered that a moderate aerobic exercise program can reduce subcutaneous tissue to a greater extent than diet alone [1]. In contrast, diets appear to have a greater effect on the fat that surrounds the internal organs (known as visceral fat).

Targeting Visceral Fat

Anavar seems to reduce Visceral fat to a greater extent than TEST or Nandrolone.

Metformin - Shows success is reducing Visceral Fat accumulation.

Focus on Diet

Targeting Subcutacious Fat

Focus on excersize

(sorry couldnt find full case studies)

gimp,

thanx for all that info! I will probably just start doing the occasional crunches and vacuums.

anabolicmd,

acutally I do deads and squats, lol. Probably I just need to alter the reps and sets... I´m currently at 3x20 reps on squats, 3x14 on each leg doing lunges, and 3x18 reps deadlifts. I also do single leg calf raises, 3x20 reps.

I only workout at home, with dumbells, but I believe I can get kickass workouts even so!

Any suggestions?

thanx again

Enock,

Yeah I sure might have some persistent fat in that area. It probably would help to lose visceral fat, but I´m all natural, so those products won´t help me :)

I´ll try to search more info on that, though, thanx!

I'd stick to high reps for legs. Try doing your deads heavier if you got the equipment at home. If not, high reps and intense deads at light weight are just as good.

Top Bottom