Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help with form when going heavy

crazey

I noticed my form goes off track when I try and go heavier with my lifts. An example is my squat when I go and add more weight my technique suffers. How do I improve my lifts without sacrificing form? Need some useful tips with this. Or is that just a pipe dream and I have to accept that my form won’t always be perfect?

I used to do lots of negative reps when working out with spotters. Load the weight up more then you can lift cleanly and fight the weight going down. Have spotter yank it back up and repeat...Your form will suffer but it builds secondary muscles needed for stabilize for heavier lifts.

If you want to improve lifts, as crazy as it sounds, go low weight for more reps more controlled.

what you are saying is true, now you have to make sure when you are lifting you stick to proper form almost all of the time. if you want to hit a PR while sacrificing form that is great, but that isn't something you set out to do every workout so why even worry about it? and if you do try and set a PR every workout you will end up injured anyway

I’ve gotten away from the heavy lifting a long time ago. It’s not worth it risking the injury just so I can say I’ve done this or that. Hell my heavy days I shoot for 6-8 reps

Try a 5x5 program so you increase the weight gradually. That might help you keep your form instead of going up too much too quick.

Top Bottom