Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with Baseball Training. (Bum Arm)

'89-LX-5.0

Hey all,
I am a senior this year and co captain of my baseball team. I am also one of the top two pitchers my team has. During my junior year I pitched a few games; my speed was good but my accuracy sucked.
We have started a summer league team this year. I pitched the first game (4 innings) before my arm was conditionally ready. My speed was noticably slower--i used to hit 81-83; it is like 75 for now, but my accuracy was way up. I am suffering from a jelly arm. It is killing me. I have been playing center field but make a good number of hard throws in to the infield. I also have to pitch tonight.

I wash a lot of cars; I think that my be one of the problems. I also lift hard 4 days a week and sometimes on game days early in the morning due to football commitments.

The exercises i do with my arms are: Incline curls, bench, military style pull ups, military press, incline bench, and tricep press.
Should i stay away from one of these?

I am pulling the chord often. I am icing the hell out of my arm today--20 minutes on and 20 off. Are there any other exercises i should do to keep my arm in shape.(long tosses are hard due to no one to throw with)
Thanks! and i am sorry i wrote a column for the NYtimes!
chris

Sounds like you need to do this;

Prioritize where and when your ARM is used i.e. washing cars etc..

Ice, heat, and massage daily.

Active Recovery with therabands highlighting your Rotator Cuffs.

Work your legs harder since your drive comes from there.

What are your goas for playing baseball?

What are your goals for weight lifting?

I can assure you that these two will contradict eachother and you have to find a happy medium.

SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING not BODYBUILDING!

PolishHammer1977 said:
Sounds like you need to do this;

Prioritize where and when your ARM is used i.e. washing cars etc..

Ice, heat, and massage daily.

Active Recovery with therabands highlighting your Rotator Cuffs.

Work your legs harder since your drive comes from there.

What are your goas for playing baseball?

What are your goals for weight lifting?

I can assure you that these two will contradict eachother and you have to find a happy medium.

SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING not BODYBUILDING!

great advice

I do work out my lower body extensively 3-4 days a week, and i usually run 2 days a week for a little cardio.
Do you believe that washing cars is having a bad effect on my rotator cuff?
I want the chance to play college ball, but it is not a must. I want to get accepted to go to the Air Force Academy where i would love to play for them.
As for as weight lifting, I do it for the look(which everyone does), but I do it mainly to make myself Better, Faster, and Stronger for the 3 sports i particiapate in: football, baseball, and track. I want to be one of the top athletes in these sports.
thanks

you sound like the classic overtrainer...you should read the stickies at the top of the board so you can decide on a training program that is best suited for your needs. Also washing cars is a workout in and of itself as far as your rotator cuff is concerned. Work on your diet and train like an athlete and you will be happier with the results

I do work out my rotator cuff daily using a ball chord. I tried to pitch tonight and i threw 1/3 of an inning before the pain overtook me. I love doing cores such as squat and bench. I am now just starting to do deadlifts. While talking about them, should i use a straight bar or a diamond bar? I have been trying to figure out what a good morning isthough.

A number of coaches have told me that benching heavily is my main problem. Should i back off on the bench until the season is over? Like go back to light sets of 10 instead of heavy sets of 5? What about Inclines? I usually do 2-3 sets of 5 on incline. Does standing shoulder press with a twist at the top hurt my throwing arm?
Thanks!!!
chris

So if this is my Excercise 4 days a week(with 2 days rest in between) which should i back off of, and how should i back off. I have worked too hard to lose my slightly chiseled body.

Bench
Incline
Parallel Squats
Reverse Leg Curls
Incline Curls
Tricep Press
Twisting Shoulder Press
Abb stuff
Dead Lifts
Jump Ropes

So what should i do? Drop some weight and do more reps? i dont want to lose my gains or my rippiness(if that is a word).
thanks

Top Bottom