Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help on back and chest routine routine

Sim882

I've been doing weights for 4 months, am 5 foot 6, 67 kg with 9% bf.

I'm making strong gains in all places except Chest and particularly back.

I was wanting advice on these 2 areas.

For Chest, I'm gaining in strength, but have noticed very slight changes in size. For back, I've noticed very little gain in either.

I do for chest:

(with dumbells) 4 sets each of the following: bench, incline bench, decline bench, flys, and 4 sets of Free Motion Cable Crossovers once every 5 days.

For back, I do every 5 days

5 sets of wide lat chins (normally I start with weights on my back, fail, and then do a couple of reps without weights)
4 sets of seated rows
3 sets narrow chins (with weights)
3 sets deadlift
3 sets one arm dumble upright right
3 sets hyperextension.

With chest exercises, I feel it more in shoudlers than chest, although at least I get a chest pump; for back (save for dead lifts and hyperextensions which I feel burn the lower back), I don't really feel much pain in my lats but lots with my bisceps. With neither exercise can I feel that muscle soreness I'm aiming for next day - but the chest exercises will create that soreness in the shoulders, and the lats will in the bisceps.

Is there any advice as to how to change this routine? Should I consider partial movements (i.e., only lifting the dumbells 3/4 way on bench for e.g.)

I've noticed that through running on treadmill on incline I have excellent calves and cycling gave me decent thighs (this was before I even did leg weights). Would rowing by analogy boost my back?

try pullups for back, underhand and overhand wide

try bench pyramids, any of the benching angles, just switch from four sets to pyramid sets.

add in some narrow/wide grips to your benching.

change volume; number of sets/reps, if you're goin heavy now, go light with lots of reps for a few workouts

How much weight do you use for your fly's? Im almost certain you're not using near enough weight if you are doing 4 sets each for 5 exercises on chest days. Try doing as high a weight as possible to complete 4 sets of 6 reps. Once you've found your highest DB weight I'm certain you'll see the gains more. And I'd imagine all the cardio is hampering you a bit as well if your diet isn't in line.

My post was a while ago - since I've made great gains on the chest in both size and strength, and decent back gains.

My only annoyance now is legs, but I know this cardio related. I changed programs to something closer to the 5x5 and my legs are very stagnant in both weights and size, but weirdly my ass has grown a lot

4x20's are awesome squats to get great leg growth. Use about 135lbs and one constant pump on each rep but make sure to keep an even tempo without locking out. INSANE BURN

Top Bottom