Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help! need to drop 2kg in a week to make my weight class

Bro_Its_A_Kilt

So Im a judo player needing to drop some weight to make my weight class I only have a week to strip 2kg of bodyweight ,I dont mind hard graft and im willing to do whatever it takes. This is my first competition back after rupturing my ACL and having cartilages removed from my knee I'm looking for recommendations for rapid shedding of weight without being ridiculous any help is appreciated. I usually eat alot for energy and muscle maintenence but I cant control my muscle gain , its getting stupid, I'm getting bigger and leaner but when I cut down calories I feel lethargic at training I normally eat enough to allow me to train every day (I can detail my training if necessary)
I dont want to have to move up a class as I would be significantly lighter than the competition
stats it may sound like Im bein ignorant but dont have the time to add enough mass to make it worth moving up a class. I intend to use the rebound from the weightloss to slingshot me to the top of the next weight class for the next competition
The question got a little lost in my words but please advise me on how to drop at least 2kg in a week here are the stats (I'm 17)
BW - 75 kg / 165lbs
BF - 8-11%
height - 5'10

Remove all sodium. Drop water consumption in half and no water 24 hrs prior to weigh in (monitor wieght the entire time). Drop the carbs 2 days out. eat only what you have to the last 24 hrs Go to the sauna. wear a sweat suit and jog. Dont over dehydrate yourself because it is not worth it.

Dont kill yourself trying to make wieght bro. You should easily make wieght safely using the above methods.

Keep a "normal" training plan just dont push it too hard. With low carbs and water in your system you may get a bit lethargic so just take it easy prior to the wiegh-ins. After wiegh-ins eat complex carbs and rehydrate.

Keep a "normal" training plan just dont push it too hard. With low carbs and water in your system you may get a bit lethargic so just take it easy prior to the wiegh-ins. After wiegh-ins eat complex carbs and rehydrate.

Solid advice...during a cut week I always did a light cardio session prior to rolling / drilling, followed by a another light cardio session after. Keep the heart rate up throughout your workout.....after weigh-in rehydrate SLOWLY...good luck!

Sent from my DROID4 using EliteFitness

Remove all sodium. Drop water consumption in half and no water 24 hrs prior to weigh in (monitor wieght the entire time). Drop the carbs 2 days out. eat only what you have to the last 24 hrs Go to the sauna. wear a sweat suit and jog. Dont over dehydrate yourself because it is not worth it.

Dont kill yourself trying to make wieght bro. You should easily make wieght safely using the above methods.

Ditto except don't half water, double or triple it for the days leading up to the cut. Then day of the cut drop all water. Dandelion root and a little caffeine will help immensely. Honestly 4.5 pounds should be a snap. Good luck.

A good contest prep is to drop all sodium, drink only distilled water slowly decreasing over the course of 5 days as needed, and monitor your weight. You can always spit in a can for a couple hours to lose a couple pounds. This is all assuming that you will have a chance to hydrate before your match.

Ok so let me get this straight. This is your first comp after getting surgery, so you've done this before yeah? How the hell do you not know how to cut weight? 4.5lbs? I use to cut that in a day no problem. It wasn't even hard.

hey bro, it can be done by water depletion alone, but do cardio everyday 50 mins, go on a low carb diet, take fat burners and otc water pills, drink 2 gallons of water everyday and then tapper it down.. check this article out.
T NATION | Shredded in 6 Days

Top Bottom