Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP!!! should i cut/bulk? or bulk/cut?

DONALDuckY

Ok, i've know there's tons of posts on this subject matter and i've read them all, and please don't flame me for asking, but i still am unsure as to whether i should cut then bulk? or bulk then cut...I'm 5'9" and weigh 165 lbs and im 7.5% bf. I've been working out for about three years now and have never really been on a diet or taken many other supplements other than protein. I guess i consider myself in good shape and pretty muscular right now except im not ripped. Im afraid that if i go on a bulking cycle first (which is what i think the general consensus of people would recommend) that i might lose what partial definition that i have now. I just recently starting taking supplements mainly for cutting: PPA, Flax Oil, Glutamine Peptides, Norabol. I found out about these forums not too long ago and started dieting and eating clean..not that i used to eat junk, but im eating ALOT leaner and cleaner now. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks

DONALDuckY said:
Ok, i've know there's tons of posts on this subject matter and i've read them all, and please don't flame me for asking, but i still am unsure as to whether i should cut then bulk? or bulk then cut...I'm 5'9" and weigh 165 lbs and im 7.5% bf. I've been working out for about three years now and have never really been on a diet or taken many other supplements other than protein. I guess i consider myself in good shape and pretty muscular right now except im not ripped. Im afraid that if i go on a bulking cycle first (which is what i think the general consensus of people would recommend) that i might lose what partial definition that i have now. I just recently starting taking supplements mainly for cutting: PPA, Flax Oil, Glutamine Peptides, Norabol. I found out about these forums not too long ago and started dieting and eating clean..not that i used to eat junk, but im eating ALOT leaner and cleaner now. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks

I would suggest, after looking at your height and weight and % of bodyfat you should bulk first and then follow up with a cutting cycle. Bulking will provide you with a base of muscle that you can then rip up and reap the benefits of being huge and cut. You might want to try counting your calories and your food intake so that you don't get fat from your bulking cycle. A lot of guys will go all out eating everything in site and simply gain a lot of fat along with a few pounds of muscle.

To avoid this I would try consuming around 18-20 * your bodyweight and consuming around 1-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight along with 2-2.5g of carbohydrates per pound of bodyweight. This will hopefully prevent you from gaining too much bodyfat. Its almost impossible to completely gain muscle and NO fat but you can really decrease the chances of gaining fat by monitoring your carb and calorie intake. For example if your eating around 450g of carbs and maybe 3500 calories and you see that your losing site of your abs or starting to put on unwanted fat, lower your calorie intake by 400-500 and in turn lower your carb intake by around 100 or so. Good luck!
:D:D

Bulk first. More mass make for a higher matab, and that makes cutting less difficult

Thanks alot for the help guys, i guess imma bulk up some before cutting. Any suggestions on bulking supplements other than protein and creatine? I also had another question. are there certain type of bulk cycle durations that people use before they switch over to a cutting cycle? or do you just switch to a cutting cycle whenever you think you've gained enough mass?

DONALDuckY said:
Any suggestions on bulking supplements other than protein and creatine?

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Dairy Queen work for me. :)

Really, keep your diet clean, and consume more calories, eat eat eat. But don't be afraid to cheat either. Bulking is the fun time, that you earn by cutting.

Top Bottom