Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy DB's, a pressing issue.

HANSEL

I saw a post similar to this a couple weeks ago, but forgot to follow it and cant find it.

I can press heavy DB's, but whats the trick to getting them off the rack and getting up into position? I can do it, but it seems like sometimes Im risking injury. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

i use knees. unrack db's....place above knees....walk backwards to incline bench.... sit down with db's on knees....rest a second or two....lay back & use your knee drive to clean the db up to your chest. (all at the same time).

my partner rests the db's on his knees ....then lets them hang by his side.... ........then uses a swing motion to clean them to his chest.

i guess

Same problem!

Recently started with the 5x5 for DB shoulder press. I can not get the dumbells up by swinging them (safely) or by using my knees.

I actually get my partner to stand beside me and set them in my palms ready to go (right side first...right handed means I can hold the thing at my shoulder easier while I wait for the other one). Suddenly I'm pressing WAAAAY more weight with the dumbells.

Other than devising some sort of rack for them...I think that's about it for options..

G

It sucks when you have to clean dumbbells that are well over your bodyweight just so you can get them into position for pressing.

This is why I stick with barbells.

for heavy overhead db's i used to clean 90-95's standing-up, it was much easier cause you use your lower back, then sit down.

you may have to practice.

do one yourself, with your strong hand, into position. Then have someone lower the other into your other hand, i see people do this a lot for overheads and incline

louden_swain said:
It sucks when you have to clean dumbbells that are well over your bodyweight just so you can get them into position for pressing.

This is why I stick with barbells.

I couldn't imagine having a DB that heavy in each hand flat pressing it. :eyes:

Top Bottom