Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy ab training at home

lemur

hey guys, I need some help with ideas for heavy ab training at home. Equipment I have that might help is:

-pullup bar
-dip station
-flat bench
-more than enough weight

the current ab routine I do is much more a stability thing for fencing than a strength thing, and I think my abs may hold me back a bit in my deads.

thanks

Zercher squats...heavy, and overhead squats...heavy. Killer ab work. Seated Zerchers too. If you hve someting you can hang upside down from, you could do full situps with a plate at your chest.

I have a bench day on monday, and a squat/dead day on friday(alternating). I fence on tuesday and thursday, and do plyometrics on wednesday. my squat/dead day is really damn full right now, so I'd rather not put um in there. where would you recommend putting overheads or zerchers? my main concern with doing these is the fact that I do cleans on friday, and board press, bench and cg's on monday so my delts have a full schedule. the shoulder is also one of the most important muscles in fencing.

You need to think about exercise importance here...if zerchers and overhead squats are more important to your goals...they they should take precedance over other exercises...

B True

I have no substantial proof that anything is holding me back in my deads, but I figured because the only way I train abs is with bw exercise they are probably the weakest link. just speculation. This is the routine I'm doing, I would like to add overheads in, my coach was talking about them a few weeks ago at fencing anyways. where would you guys put um in?

mond:
FLAT BARBELL BENCH PRESS - 3X3

AUXILARY WORK - BOARD PRESS/CLOSE GRIPS 3 sets 5

BENT OVER ROW - 3 sets 5

FOREARM/AB WORK

wed: PLYOMETRIC DAY

fri:
DEADLIFT/SQUAT (alternate) 3 sets under 5 reps

AUXILARY WORK - STIFF LEGGED DEADS/FRONT SQUATS/GOOD MORNINGS/CLEANS 3 sets 5 reps (CLEANS 10X1) - 2 a week, GMS and fsquats for deads (for the sake of having leg work on a back oriented day) and sldl and cleans for squat day (likewise with back and leg day).

PULLUPS - 3 sets

CALF RAISES - 5 sets

GRIP/AB WORK

weekends are off. i fence tues/thurs and train the neck on those days.

1)Concentric crunches

Lie flat on the floor with your hands behind your head .Bring your knees over your hips while sitting up. Pull your elbows forward and your knees backward simultaneously touching them together.

2)Stiff Leg Raises

Place your head against the back of an abdominal bench or wall,your hands under your hips, palms down. Extend your legs straight and point your toes. Raise your legs as far as possible. Hold the contracted position for 2 seconds.

3) Dumbell Side Bends

These you should not need explanation

4)Knee to elbow raises

Do a few sets of these to failure one after the other and youll be hurtin.

I say this once, I say this a thousand times:

Get one of those ab wheelies. Those things work!

When it gets too easy put a 25# plate on your back. etc. etc.

I love my ab wheelie.

JC

Top Bottom