Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Healthy to workout late at night?

shadowsin64

I have a very tight work schedule, and I can trainonly very late at night, and I mean it – like 1-2 am. Is it ok, ormy heart will get stressed if I workout this late? I really want totrain, but do not have the chance to do so at any other time.

It is preferrable to sleep at that time, because GH is produced approximately between 23.00 and 2 am when we sleep, and if you don't sleep at that time, you would be losing it. But if you do not have a choice, then it is better to train at that time, than not training at all.

Is it ideal? No. However, the specific time isn't the issue recovery is. Lev is correct that for most of us the time after the sun goes down and before it comes up (depending on the time of year and where you are in the world) will mean 2300-0200 is the sweet spot for GH.

I'd wanna know how much rest you get after you finish. If it's 6-8 hours and you feel rested it MIGHT be ok.

Unfortunately, I have to wake up at 6-7 am, so this would make 4-5 hours of sleep per day. Looking at this GH thing, which I did not know, I guess that I should try my best to reorganize the day....what if I shifted all of my day backwards? I mean - wake up at 5, and go to sleep at like 23.00?

If you move things around as you say then do so. Your initial question suggested that you could only train at 1-2am. Now you're saying you might be able to train earlier etc etc.

Equally, why not get up at 5am and train then (after a very quick snack?)

It's best to train earlier in the day.

The problem with training right before bed is that it revs up your central nervous system and stimulates your adrenal glands.

Sleep is the exact opposite thing. It's supposed to be a rest/relax situation.

Try training first thing in the morning before work. It's a great way to start your day and you will most likely sleep way better.

Top Bottom