Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

healthy weight gain

JKurz1 said:
ummm bullshit....sorry to be blunt.....but its not from the weight gain shakes,,,.....there are 12000x different (and better in my eyes) ways of putting on mass....

only you would know of that many

Pointing out that jkurz can't put any of those 12,001 ways of getting calories into practice is irrelevant to the truth of what he said. There are far better ways to get calories than commercial weight gainers, most of which are loaded with maltodextrin and relatively poor fat sources (e.g., MCTs).

Cynical Simian said:
Pointing out that jkurz can't put any of those 12,001 ways of getting calories into practice is irrelevant to the truth of what he said. There are far better ways to get calories than commercial weight gainers, most of which are loaded with maltodextrin and relatively poor fat sources (e.g., MCTs).
wholy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone understood...........

Cynical Simian said:

I agree, but to say that they aren't what has helped me put on mass is simply untrue. It's not rocket science, the more calories, compared to what you expend then the more weight you'll gain. Sure, I'd like to eat alot cleaner, quality foods...but when push comes to shove sometimes it's hard to get time with a demanding job. I know the weight gainers are not the best way to go about it, but they work for gaining weight. If I didn't use a weight gainer then I couldn't eat anything at all at times at work. When trying to gain weight, cheating by whatever means necessary is better than no calories at all.

I curently use MuscleJuice...I would love to use MuscleMilk and it is less of a weight gainer as well, but I just don't have the money. Muscle juice has too much simple carbs and maltodextrin..I'd love to find a weight gainer that had the protein, carbs, and fats of muscle juice but with complex carbohydrates,..I just can't find them anywhere.

Jayhawk21 said:
I agree, but to say that they aren't what has helped me put on mass is simply untrue.
Yeah, the true part I was referring to was his general statement that there are better ways to get cals, not his claim that they didn't help in your case.

Have you considered packing a few shaker cups filled with stuff to take with you to work? Then you'd just add water when it's time for the meal, which would give you a lot more flexibility in terms of what's in them and would probably save some money, too. Your main investment would be the protein powder, with the fat and carbs coming from stuff like olive oil and oats (grind up a big batch in a blender). They're dirt cheap and, as a bonus, are better than the types of fat/carbs in most weight gainers.

Cynical Simian said:
Yeah, the true part I was referring to was his general statement that there are better ways to get cals, not his claim that they didn't help in your case.

Have you considered packing a few shaker cups filled with stuff to take with you to work? Then you'd just add water when it's time for the meal, which would give you a lot more flexibility in terms of what's in them and would probably save some money, too. Your main investment would be the protein powder, with the fat and carbs coming from stuff like olive oil and oats (grind up a big batch in a blender). They're dirt cheap and, as a bonus, are better than the types of fat/carbs in most weight gainers.
undefined
try quaker quick oats with peanut butter and whey, or muscle milk if you can afford it (banana preferably)
also theres a new muscle milk called muscle milk collegiate, has much more callories. they sell it at www.cheapvitamins.com

mickeyb69 said:
undefined
try quaker quick oats with peanut butter and whey, or muscle milk if you can afford it (banana preferably)
also theres a new muscle milk called muscle milk collegiate, has much more callories. they sell it at www.cheapvitamins.com

Yeah, it looks like Cytogainer, except with more carbs really. They sell that stuff in a 6 lbs tub at my gym for 29.99, but the best I can find Cytogainer on the internet is for 24 + shipping. My gym usually charges out the ass for stuff, dunno why I'm not finding better luck on the net.

undefined
Jayhawk21 said:
Yeah, it looks like Cytogainer, except with more carbs really. They sell that stuff in a 6 lbs tub at my gym for 29.99, but the best I can find Cytogainer on the internet is for 24 + shipping. My gym usually charges out the ass for stuff, dunno why I'm not finding better luck on the net.

also check out www.prosource.net they have all the name brands and a product line of their own. Great info also, they tell you which products really work and which ones are B.S.

Top Bottom