Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Having trouble finding stuff for westside

Deciever

im having some trourble finding all the tiny specifics about westside... just stuff like percent of weight to use on each lift, how long to rest..etc

Unless you haven't looked, I hope you are kidding about this. The web is full of stuff written on every aspect of westside training. Go to deepsquatter.com and read the archived articles, then go to elitefts.com and read the articles there.

Real quick though. On bench, use 50 percent of your raw max for 8 sets of 3, the 3 reps being done in under 3 seconds (personally I average 2.65 seconds) and 45 seconds rest between sets, followed by dumbell tricep extensions 5 sets of 10 reps with 15 seconds rest between sets. Then lats - puldowns 4 sets of 10 reps with 1 minutes rest between sets, then dumbell powercleans with light weight for 2 sets of 15 reps, with 1 minutes rest between sets, then some rotator work for a few sets and go home. This is an example. The assistance work needs to change every two weeks or so. But read the articles and using this sample as a backdrop, that should help you out.

B

Be careful doing the dumbell tricept extentions like stated above , only 15 secoonds rest. Before i went to Daves seminar i was doing these for like three months strait and my elbows started to really get messed up. One of the first things Dave said was that most people who watch Westside videos or read the articles is that the movements they do are only done for a short cycle. I asked him " Hey Dave , any idea of why my elbows hurt so much?" He replied. " Have you been doing a lot of dumbell extensions?" "Yes" i replied. and he then told me what i just told you.

Anyway , Brain has it all correct though. Just thought i'd warn any new People.

Good point that I neglected Grimmer,

I only do dumbell tricep extensions once per week on max effort day, and only for three weeks, then I switch to inclined elbows out tricep extensions for 3 weeks on max effort day. On dynaminc day I do JM presses for 3 weeks, then olympic skullcrushers for 3 weeks, then 5 board press for 3 weeks. I thus far have not had any elbow problems from these. I can see how a person could run into some elbow problems if they did not switch exercises.

B

Here in FL we change up supplemental exercises every week on DE and ME days. Here are most of our recent tri movements in descending order:
Barbell tri ext to face
SS Bar Tri Ext to board held on the chest (cool movement)
Tri pushdowns
Dumbell Tri Ext on the floor

We also rotate lat movements each session. Everybody here is getting very strong very quickly.

Top Bottom