Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have I caught the strongman bug?

KillahBee

Strongman never really interested me before (although I am a "beginning" weightlifter") but in the last few weeks I have done nothing but read about strongman comps, strongman training, routines, events, and some time spent on Clint's site as well(some great comp pics there)! Strongman interests me much more than BBing and PLing. Shit, I have spent half my day at work today researching training tools like sleds, kegs, and tires! I think this may all be due to my natural thought process of being an athlete and thriving off of competition. Combine that with my new love for weightlifting and there you have it. Just thought I'd share.
Maybe when my shoulder recovers 100% I will look into this more. :coffee:

Yeah, it looks like you did. I've always been fascinated by strongmen, especially today with how sour bodybuilding competitions have become (ie. Greg Kovacs)

You know what makes Strongman great?

Every person can be competitive. If you weigh 175...you compete in the 175's, then 200's, then 225's, then 250's, etc... If it is your first contest...they have divisions for "novice" competitors. Women? They have women's classes. Over 40? They have the Master's division.

Training for strongman can be anything that you want to make it. You don't need fancy equipment. My first farmers implements were a pair of dbells. From there I took two ez curl bars. I carried kegs, sandbags, flipped a combine tire, packed tree stumps, pushed my truck, pulled my truck, walked back and forth in my rack with a bar for the super yoke, did zercher squats for the conan's wheel, used plates for stones, etc...

Man...you can be a MAN and do this. Nothing fancy. At the end of the training session you feel taxed from top to bottom and you look like heck...but you feel amazing inside.

It isn't training to put that extra 10 pounds on the bar...it is quite often training to make your mind push your body farther than it wants to go. It is pulling, pushing, and stepping just one more time...because you CAN.

Please email or PM me and I'll see if I can find someone near you to train with or a contest in your state. Look around at www.nastrongman.com at all the information.

I'm leaving Friday morning for my contest in St. Louis and will not be back till early next week. I'll do all I can to help you.

B True

Thank you, B fold, you truly are an inspiration. I will get in touch with you for further advice. Thanks brother, and tear shit up in St. Louis!

It isn't training to put that extra 10 pounds on the bar...it is quite often training to make your mind push your body farther than it wants to go. It is pulling, pushing, and stepping just one more time...because you CAN.

dont think anyone else could've said it any better. thats it exactly. thats why i love it ;)

Top Bottom