Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone ever torn an ACL?

ireekofawesomeness

Big Bro
Platinum
i hurt myself march 11th and due to insurance problems and bullshit with docs etc i finally just recently found out the extent of my injury, i have a torn acl in my right knee....first 2 weeks i couldnt even walk without crutches/brace/etc, lately like right before i got the results back ive been usin treadmills, driving, going up steps, etc...the only thing i cant do is pivot hard or squat deep down without a lot of pressure...anyways tho im gonna have to get surgery even tho i feel way improved...im wondering what im looking at as far as recovery, and also will i be able to train legs 100% again full force or can i basically say forget it as far as big legs now?

IReekofAwesomeness said:
i hurt myself march 11th and due to insurance problems and bullshit with docs etc i finally just recently found out the extent of my injury, i have a torn acl in my right knee....first 2 weeks i couldnt even walk without crutches/brace/etc, lately like right before i got the results back ive been usin treadmills, driving, going up steps, etc...the only thing i cant do is pivot hard or squat deep down without a lot of pressure...anyways tho im gonna have to get surgery even tho i feel way improved...im wondering what im looking at as far as recovery, and also will i be able to train legs 100% again full force or can i basically say forget it as far as big legs now?

Yes.

Can't say it was mine, but... :chomp:

I slightly tore my acl in football and fucked up the miniscus. I have had a friend that tore it and it took about 9-10 months before he was lifting again. He gained considerably since the surgery. I bet it was about a 6 months of lifting before he was back to full strength. It all depends on the doctor though. Good luck with the surgery. My friend was out of the hospital that day, hope it goes the same for you. Keep us posted

IReekofAwesomeness said:

we are heal differently. all I got to say is that in March of last year, I found out that I had a "very large protrusion" on my L5-S1 (herniated disk). couldn't walk more than the distance between 2 telephones w/o being in serious pain. took me 5 minutes to put on each of my shoes. Docs told me that I would never be able to lift heavy again
A little over 1 year later, I squatted 650

Illuminati said:
we are heal differently. all I got to say is that in March of last year, I found out that I had a "very large protrusion" on my L5-S1 (herniated disk). couldn't walk more than the distance between 2 telephones w/o being in serious pain. took me 5 minutes to put on each of my shoes. Docs told me that I would never be able to lift heavy again
A little over 1 year later, I squatted 650

How'd you get the injury, Ill?

I completely ruptured my ACL in 1998. I had the surgery, did the rehab, and I am much, MUCH stronger now. As far as I'm concerned, it never happened.

And my legs are growing...a lot. :)

i tore my ACL in 2002 had a graph from patellar tendon. i did rehab and all but it still healed wrong i had no cartilage damage but after trying to rehab it it did cause more problems.. i had to have another surgery to fix it.

i would suggest not getting the patellar tendon graph. you can get a graph from a donor or from your hamstring and the healing process is way faster.. " way" faster.

and you should be fine. i just wish i would of known. :(

took me about 15 months to get back to full leg workouts bro.....DO NOT rush this shit, its a very tedious think(recovery)

Illuminati said:
I got the injury squatting...

I had ACL surgery back in 91. It was my first time going under the knife and life sucked big time for a couple of weeks post surgery, only because I had blood leaking from one of the holes they drilled in my bone. My foot turned so black and blue thought I had gangerine or something. Talk about freaking explosions going off in my leg just getting up to pee. You need friends and family around to help out. The stronger you are going in the better chance of a faster recovery. It took me about 9 months to be 100% playing sports again. I also had a piece of my petella tendon used to reconstruct my acl. They say your own tissue is better to use since your body should take it better. sounds like your able to do a lot though, my biggest problem was going down stairs not up. good luck....

Top Bottom