Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anybody tried Pedialyte on meet day?

power-builder

I tried it last meet I was in and it seemed to help. Apparently it replaces some important electrolyes or some voodoo like that. Anyway I wasn't as tired as I usually was when it came DL time. But my buds did say I looked funny walking around with a jug of vomit/diarreha medicine that has a picture of a little kid on the label.

Yep. First time I tried it becuase I had nothing to drink and my very young son did not want his. Worked great. Tasted terrible, but then I did not bloat, cramp, or develop any other problems.

It does help restore electrolyte balance, but then so does a good mineral supplement.

man,

i think all that stuff is overrated.

powerlifting is NOT running a marathon. as long as you keep hydrated and get some carbs down you should be fine.

last meet day i had 4 bottles (small) of gatorade, a banana after each event (squat, bench, and deadlift), and one protein shake around noon because one of the flights was taking a long time.

dont get too caught up in all that stuff.

/irish

I used it last year when i lost 19lbs in under 3 days. I had 48hrs to re hydrate so i got some. I guess it works. When i loose 10lbs or so i just use gatorade. But i always weigh in 24 hr before hand. If i weigh in the same day i lift, i just lift at what i weigh, subtract 5lbs maybe.

Pedialyte is good stuff.

Try the generic versions. Albertsons here in FL makes it cheaper and it comes in grape flavor which tastes neutral-not bad all.

Its the best for hangovers! Drink one with a melitonin pill and arise a few hours later with the hangover gone!

I use it when I lasix down for weight at ameet. I big bottle of pedialyte(clear) and one giant bottle of gatorade and food all day teh day before a meet and I'm fine. When you mix teh gatorade and pedialyte it tastes kind of nasty -- like some concoction you drank in high school.

Well, since we are talking the extreme route, it is even better to rehydrate through IV infusion. LR followed by NS works absolute wonders.

However, it depends. I know a guy who can eat while he is training. I would vomit all over the place if I tried this. It is a very individual thing.

You are absolutely right about the IV -- but I wouldn't trust any of my partners to drive me to the store let alone stick me with an IV.

I dehydrated my stupid ass so badly one time that first two times I got stuck the veins collapsed. Between that, getting cut from my wraps, as the guy who wrapped me was a strongman competitor who decided to train for the Hercules hold while wrapping me, and have some idiot dump a squat bar on me while warming up, it looked like I had pissed off the entire SHW division, and they decided to do something about it.

Lifts went pretty good, though.

Top Bottom