Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hard gainers and arm workout

Sam Joule

Hi all, I'm 24 years and for the last year I have been trying to develop mass on my arms and it's been a failure , the rest of my body is getting nice and muscular, would you give me some tips or refer me to a web Specializing in arm work out ? the upcoming months I will be focusing just on my arms, thank you.

I find that most people with poor arm development are simply using way too much weight and are 'swinging' the exercises rather then contracting with the bicep muscle. Keep your elbows tucked into your body. Your elbows should remain locked throughout the entire movement. If you elbows are swinging, your deltoids are doing the movement and not your biceps/triceps.

There are two different tricep heads and you need to do both over head and press down exercises to properly train both.There are two bicep heads in your bicep. The long bicep head is the outer bicep head and the short bicep head is the inner bicep head (the head that is closest to your chest). Both biceps heads are used to contract the biceps whenever you do a bicep exercise but you can prioritize which bicep head does the majority of the work by changing your grip width.

A wide grip (wider then shoulder width) prioritizes the inner (short) bicep heap.
A narrow grip (narrower then shoulder width) privatizes the outer (long) bicep head.

Try training biceps and triceps twice per week. Add in 2-3 exercises for biceps after your back workout, and 2-3 exercises for triceps after your chest workout. Then later in the week perform an arm workout where you superset biceps and triceps.

I find with arms people tend to focus too much on the biceps. The triceps are a much bigger part of the arm. You need to work both to get the size you want. I have also found that guys tend to do too much isolation work for arms and forget the heavy compound movements. I would do more of the following exercises: dips, pullups, close grip bench press, heavy barbell curls.

Top Bottom