Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hard gainer getting angry!!!

ddiffey

I was wondering what I should do to my routine? I lift heavy because they say lift big to get big, but it's not working for me. I'm 6'1 and 220lbs I've been lifting heavy for sometime now and don't see any improvement or size gain?

Should I go to moderate weight and high reps for awhile or stop being so impatient and give my body more time. I lift 5 days a week and I'm just on protein(mammoth 2500) 4 shakes a day. I love to lift, but when you don't see results it starts to make one quite angry!!!

Any ideas to help me over my plateau would be greatly appreciated thank you.

how 'big' are you lifting? a 225lb bench or 315 squat won't have you looking like Arnie unless you have exceptional genetics...5 days a week is way too much for a true hardgainer

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4866519&postcount=465

Read above link. No weight gain at all (fat or muscle) = insufficient caloric intake. I mean, if your training sucked you'd at least be getting fat.

For training a lot of newer lifters here have had success using something like this: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4497774&postcount=15 - start light, hit current records around week 4 and progress in incriments week to week for as long as able (i.e. the Friday triple is 2.5% above the previous Monday set of 5, the Monday after the triple you do it for a set of 5 - so each week increases 2.5% or thereabouts). You do this until you stall and aren't getting any more reps or weight then change it.

Trust the MadCow!

Although I have to say I think the term Hard Gainer is way over used. I mean are there just as many Easy Gainers out there saying "Damn I don't even have to go to the gym to get big and strong!"

1) Train with intensity
2) Use compound exercises.
3) Rest a lot.
4) Eat 2 pounds of beef a day
5) Drink 2-4 Liters of milk a day
6) Consume 75-125g carbs at every meal (5-7 of them)

B True

Hard gainer = not eating enough or using a truly crappy workout protocol.

Post more information -- your training and diet plan for the past 6 mo's is a good place to start . . .

4 mammoth shakes a day along with food is alot of calories so it must be your training.

Can you post your current routine???

JL_204 said:
4 mammoth shakes a day along with food is alot of calories so it must be your training.

It 'sounds' like a lot of calories, probably seems like that to him also, but if it was enough to provide excess above maintenance and his training sucked (or was totally nonexistant for that matter) he'd at least be getting fat. Since he's not and he's simply gaining zero weight (muscle or fat), no caloric surplus no matter how big and grand his caloric intake might sound. So his training might very well suck, but even if it was perfect, it wouldn't matter too much.

I was choking down 32oz steaks and hitting all you can eat restaurants when I THOUGHT I was eating a lot... I was, but just not enough to invoke any growth. If you are training properly, and still skinny, even if you swallowing whole sides of beef raw 5 times a day, it means you are not creating a caloric surplus to grow. So if you are training hard, start eating more than you are used to for a couple of months.

It's not about how much you eat compared to other people, it's about how much you eat relative to your "baseline" or maintenance.

Top Bottom