Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hand straps for lifting weights question

Rodriguez w

Hi everyone I was wondering if this straps can help to avoid tendonitis in the future, I suffered from hand palm tendonitis a while ago and since I was able to recover 100% I don't want bring it back with heavy lifting without protection, thank you.

I would recommend lifting raw without assistance. You want to build up your grip strength. Just do it slowly so your hands can adjust.

Using things like wrist straps will put a band aid on the problem. They will temporarily improve your situation but you will be worse off in the long run because they weaken your forearms and hand muscles.

Lift raw as @masonicbodybuilder suggested. If you want to use anything - use gym chalk to get a better grip.

Eventually your forearm and grip strength will increase and you will be much better off in the long run.

Once you start using things like wrist straps you become dependent on them.

Better lift with your bare hands - just start off with lighter weights until you feel comfortable, and then work your way up in terms of weight lifted. These straps may give you a false feeling of getting recovered whereas this may not be the case.

Listen man. What EVERYONE Is telling you us right. But let me let you on something that wrist wraps are needed for and why I use them almost all the time. When I can't shrug over 5 plates. I use waist wraps. And EVRYINE knows that doing shrugs slow an controlled doesn't work anymore for the traps and upperback. With that I said ,when my grip can't handle to use 5 plates and above. I use straps. Same with rows. The back grows at a fast rate if you train it properly, which is with heavy rackpulls and rows. Now on did I put on 315. Now of course your grip will slip out. But wrist wraps are your friend. I always go stupid heavy on back day. You never know how string your back is without wrist wraps. Try it man,you will be surprised. Use them but on the exersise I explained. You could be rowing 3 plates to,you just don't know it yet. Get yourself a good pair of wraps and start going off on backday.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Listen man. What EVERYONE Is telling you us right. But let me let you on something that wrist wraps are needed for and why I use them almost all the time. When I can't shrug over 5 plates. I use waist wraps. And EVRYINE knows that doing shrugs slow an controlled doesn't work anymore for the traps and upperback. With that I said ,when my grip can't handle to use 5 plates and above. I use straps. Same with rows. The back grows at a fast rate if you train it properly, which is with heavy rackpulls and rows. Now on did I put on 315. Now of course your grip will slip out. But wrist wraps are your friend. I always go stupid heavy on back day. You never know how string your back is without wrist wraps. Try it man,you will be surprised. Use them but on the exersise I explained. You could be rowing 3 plates to,you just don't know it yet. Get yourself a good pair of wraps and start going off on backday.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

The issue, as he says right there in his opening post, is a medical one. He says he has palm tendonitis as opposed to lacking strength.

Palm Tendonitis, according to a google search: This causes painful swelling on the thumb side of the wrist and pain when gripping or lifting particularly by lifting between the thumb and index finger.

You've also confused (2x) a wrist WRAP with a wrist STRAP. A WRAP supports the wrist by wrapping around it and is used by, among others, powerlifters and Olympic lifters for pressing and jerks.

A wrist STRAP loops around the wrist with either a single strap or another loop (these are called 'figure of eight straps') which is wrapped around handles, dumbbells or barbells to, as you go on to suggest, aid the grip.

Top Bottom