Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstrings

ryno9000

This is my split:

Day 1 Shoulder/Hamstring/ab
Day 2 Chest/Quad/Bi
Day 3 Back/Calf/Tri
Repeat
Day 7 off

I've made excellent gains by splitting up my legs like this before. I'm just curious what I can do for hamstrings besides 1) straight-leg deads 2)curls ? ? ?

Obviously you can incorporate drop sets and things of that nature, but as far as exercises themselves, I'm at a loss. I have even tried doing a stability ball bridge/hamstring curl but found that to be semi-worthless at least for bodybuilding purposes. Anything I am over looking?

variations of deadlifts/good mornings and leg curls from different angles are about it. You could give weighted hypers on either a roman chair or 45 degree bench a shot too. Your gym probably wont have the bench for it but if it does then glute ham raises would be worth a try too.

Box squats with a wide stance

Glute ham raise

Reverse hypers

Good mornings

Deficit deadlifts

Hack squats

That should get you started.

B-

Box squats with a wide stance

Glute ham raise

Reverse hypers

Good mornings

Deficit deadlifts

Hack squats

That should get you started.

B-

I'm going to need some further explanation on:

Deficit Deads
Glute Ham Raise
Reverse Hypers (are these back ext.?)

I do my hack squats on Quad day. And honestly even with those I am trying to steer clear from. My vastus medialis is WAY too developed in comparison to my vastus lateralis and hacks seem to only exacerbate that. I'm all ears though.

Deficit deadlifts are where you are standing on a box and you preform a deadlift. Essentially giving you an extra few inches of ROM - as if the bar were on the floor.

Glute ham raise is probably the #1 assistance exercise to the squat or deadlift. You need a device like this one to do them. Here is Dave Tate showing you what it's all about.

A revers hyper is where you lay on top of a bench that has a swinging pendulum below it with weights attached. You hook your feet to that pendulum and than try and straighten things out. Here is a video of the inventor, the great Louis Simmons, showing how it works.

B-

Deficit deadlifts are where you are standing on a box and you preform a deadlift. Essentially giving you an extra few inches of ROM - as if the bar were on the floor.

Glute ham raise is probably the #1 assistance exercise to the squat or deadlift. You need a device like this one to do them. Here is Dave Tate showing you what it's all about.

^^ This is a great one, one of my favorites

A revers hyper is where you lay on top of a bench that has a swinging pendulum below it with weights attached. You hook your feet to that pendulum and than try and straighten things out. Here is a video of the inventor, the great Louis Simmons, showing how it works.

B-

If your gym doesn't have this ^^ machine, I've done these on a standard hyper extension deal with a dumbell between my feet...

~EZ

u dont need the gay bosu ball, i just use the floor to push up, this shit will kill you, be surprised if u can only get 3 or 4 in a set

Top Bottom