Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are Hacks bad for knees?

big perm

My right knee has been bothering me now for the past few weeks but I'm not about to stop working legs. I do my squats to parallel and with a good warm up am pain free but when I jump over to hacks (machine) I can feel the pain in the knee on descent but can still do my regular weights. Should I stop with the hacks and incorporate another excercise in place of the hacks, or are they ok on the knees.

In addition, and seated leg curls bad on the knees?

Thanks to all in advance.

leg curls??? or leg extensions? when you're doing hack squats, push off with your heels instead of your toes. That helps a bit. leg extensions put stress on your patellar tendon. leg curls aren't really bad for you knees unless you hyperextend at the bottom, but they have been known to create lower back pains for some people.

DaPit26 said:
leg curls??? or leg extensions? when you're doing hack squats, push off with your heels instead of your toes. That helps a bit. leg extensions put stress on your patellar tendon. leg curls aren't really bad for you knees unless you hyperextend at the bottom, but they have been known to create lower back pains for some people.

I seen a guy snap his achilles on a hack by pushing from his toes. Keep your feet well planted on the floor. Personally I agree with DaPit in that they put stress on your back and tendons, so I much prefer to do free squats. Also, like the smith machine, the strength is nor really transferable. I'd do the leg press instead as a good Quad exercise, then burn them glutes, hammys, and quads on the squat rack. You'll be glad you did.

big perm said:
My right knee has been bothering me now for the past few weeks but I'm not about to stop working legs. I do my squats to parallel and with a good warm up am pain free but when I jump over to hacks (machine) I can feel the pain in the knee on descent but can still do my regular weights. Should I stop with the hacks and incorporate another excercise in place of the hacks, or are they ok on the knees.

In addition, and seated leg curls bad on the knees?

Thanks to all in advance.

take your squats to the floor bro, it transfers the stress to your hips, stopping at parellel puts the stress on you knees.

I have NEVER like hack squats -they just seem to hit my knees and nothing else.

If you are the same then drop them. There are plenty of exercises you can do instead. Front squats instantly spring to mind.

Agree with what was previously said

No hacks
Instead work your glutes and hams
It will help with your knees problem

mad_monkey59 said:
take your squats to the floor bro, it transfers the stress to your hips, stopping at parellel puts the stress on you knees.

I have a probs with my knees as well, if I go below parallel, it hurts like a mofo. I have read that statement before... but it doesn't work that way for me. Maybe my knees are going too far forward?

Top Bottom