Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gymnasts' bodies....

DanielBishop

I was watching men's gymnastics today and I couldn't believe how huge these guys shoulders, lats and biceps were.... and it got me thinking.

All the hardcore bodybuilding guys say not to train for too long each workout, and don't do the same bodypart every day and don't use isometric contractions and stuff..... but how did these guys get themselves to be so big without even striving for hypertrophy? I don't know how gymnasts train, but I'm thinking they don't lift too much weights.... rather, they get use their own bodyweight when they practice their routines every day.

So how can they make such good muscular development when working the same muscles EVERY day?? You can kinda see that they have relatively smaller legs, chest and triceps as most of their routines involve pulling movements, rather than pressing ones.

I just wondered how this could be possible, since it goes against some of the fundamental rules of bodybuilding.... yet these guys have bigger shoulders and biceps than some bodybuilders at my gym who actually compete.

Maybe there's something to be learned from gymnastics training, or other sports where the athletes develop good muscle mass without much weight training (eg. sprinting)?

gymnasts

Agreed, gymnasts do have good physiques. Keep in mind however ALL gymnasts you see on TV are world class athletes with incredible genetics and agility/strength. I was a gymnast in the past and I can tell you from experience that these guys do not lift weights (usually) they train mostly with pushups, pullups and static holds with bodyweight. They can handle their bodyweight incredibly well (sometimes 40+ pullups etc.)

bodybuilding is about taking the SHORTEST ROAD TO THE DESTINATION which is not gymnast training. It is weight training with sufficicient rest and nutrition. Bodybuilding training is far more efficient for creating an aesthetic physique.

AGREED.

Gymnasts have some of the BEST bodies I have ever seen before. I know some of them juice but I dont think its that many. I would definitely rather have the body of one of the larger gymnasts then Ronnie Coleman!!

:D:D

Ya.. I tried the iron cross using parallel swings at the beach one time, and almost broke off my shoulders.. Ouch that exercise is much harder then it seems.

Also remember that most male gymnasts that you see on TV are short relative to the average population. It is a lot easier to appear jacked when you are at a very low BF% at a height of 5'5" vs 6'. They do have some impressive physiques though! V3

I think weightlifting is more effective, Gymnasts train 3-4 hours a day everyday for years to get there bodys.

I use to be obseesed with having a gymnast body- i agree they are big and ripped but at 5'5' i saw one fella at 139lbs.... i got down to 141- and looked sick...lost so much mass....right now i'm close to 160- about8-9% bf and i think i look fine....

i wonder how they look so big and their weight is sooo low.... i would never even atttempt now to go below 150.

while they obviously work hard and are very good at what they do, i would not doubt one second that many of them aren't hitting the lighter, less detectable (low half-life) stuff anavar, winny, primo.... probably all popular within these circles... coaches often make up 'vitamin' packs...

i know with females, these girls may not even know what is going into their bodies, they have 'blind-faith' in their coaches decisions and judgement... and a LOT of coaches have a win by any means necessary attitude... they'll send out atheletes injured, or when they aren't physically or mentally ready and explode on them when they don't perform as they are expected.... a lot of pressure within this sport to be as 'perfect' as they come....

could you expect anything less from a sport that ranks all its events on a '10'?

I have always noticed that female gymnasts have great bodies. Most of the ones you see in int'l competitions are quite young, but the ones I knew in high school and college were very nice, usually a very nice booty and sweeping thighs plus great posture

Top Bottom