Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gym accident thoughts

stevesmi

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
some idiot left a weight on the floor and I backed up and tripped on it, and landed hard on my back on a concrete section of the gym. luckily i did not hit the back of my head or land on my arms but it was kinda like a thud when i landed. i was on the ground and punched the ground out of anger then got up and laughed it off and continued working out.

well the next day my neck, collarbone, and ribs seem to be hurting. you hear about QB's in the NFL get bruised ribs all the time. it doesn't hurt to breathe except if i really exhale sharply it feels like a stabbing pain my upper ribs ..what do you guys/gals think? is it like bruised bones?

anyone have a gym story to share where you got hurt or where you saw someone get hurt?

i'm sure its just some bruising i wouldn't worry about it, but yeah i'd be pissed too lol

i had a near accident one time...

I was doing bent over db rows on a bench with i think an 85 or 90lb db with a round shape so it rolled easily. I finished my set and was looking up at the tv above me and wasn't paying attention, and luckily i looked down right as the huge db rolled off the bench and started falling toward my toes. Idk how but i snatched it right before it landed on my foot. i'm pretty sure that would of caused some broken toes haha.

also, i saw a guy doing db bench press one time, and after his set without sitting up he just threw the dbs off to the side without paying attention, and unluckily for him there were other dbs around him and he broke a finger between 2 of them... that would suck :\

was helping a friend do negatives on the free weight leg extension machine. with like 5 plates on it my hand slipped and got smashed. luckily it rests on a rubber peice but it made my finger fill with blood and my nail fell off. i picked up the 5 plates with my other arm like it was only 20 lbs lol.

Doesnt sound serious at all. Probably just minor bruising. If it lasts too long though or gets worse get it checked out

was doing dumbell presses on the old style. with the wrench to tighten the screw. I was in the middle of a press when the two dumbells touched and it unloaded onto my left eye. split it wide open 11 stitches and one very black eye.

was doing strugs and the gym I was training at had the power rack with supports that you slip through the hole and has a bolt for a screw to attach to.well it had no lock on it. I was unloading the one side and the entire support shifted and a 45lb plate landed on my baby toe and the next one to it and split it open like a tomato hitting a wall. 7 stitches to close that one.

and the best of all. Was doing leg presses with 1100lbs on the press which usually wasn't a issue until my right leg decided it didn't want to do any work at all and shifted all the weight to my left well shit. the press came down and my right leg popped right out of my hip socket. hear I am pinned under this leg press with my leg at a right angle and I'm like shit. So being the brave person I am. I put the palm of my hands onto the top of my femer and put. F##k it hurt but it popped back in.
Tear a few of the smaller muscles but the trama to my leg was incredible. My legs bruise from knee cap to knee cap all the way around totally black it was funky as hell. even my caulk went black.

jesus, that leg press thing sounds like a nightmare lol i hope that never happens to me

jesus, that leg press thing sounds like a nightmare lol i hope that never happens to me

^^agreed! Yikes!!

I've seen and had a few smashed fingers and the only other real injuries I've seen have been guys actually fighting and punching each other in the face (seen it twice in the last couple of years). A little too much test in the free weight section. ;)

Hope you feel better Stevesmi!

Do you know who left the weight there? I realize if you saw him leave it there, you wouldn't have tripped over it, but there are some idiots who repeat their idiot behavior over and over. If I did that to you and saw you wipe out, I'd feel incredibly guilty and would probably clean up my act.
I hope you're not seriously hurt. Punching cement is not good. Bones and cement don't get along...

even my caulk went black.

You know what they say "once you go... LOL

But seriously, that sounds fuckin terrible.

Most I ever got was when doing barbell shrugs, I missed one of the pins on the right side of the rack. Slid down my shin and bled a bit.

The other was when I damaged my L1 & L2 a month or 2 ago while stretching(too far) at the end of a heavy cable row set. Literally couldn't walk for days.

Oh and fucked up my shoulder incline BB pressing. Rotator cuff. Took some time off after.

wost thing that happen to me in the gym is a spilled a whole large black coffee all over the floor. Had to be the dumb fool that every one stares at well i cleaned it all up... never gotten hurt at the gym... Knock on wood....

Top Bottom