Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gym accident thoughts

first year of college I was in the squat rack coming back up from an ass to grass on my 3rd rep with 315 (which was alot for me then) guy in the squat rack next door was loading his bar walked backwards right into the end of my barbell - threw me off balance big time and tore something in my back but managed to get it back up. Put me out of the game for 3 months while it healed and felt it after that for about another year. (Dude didn't even say sorry just looked back at me and went back to whatever he was doing)

Also have dropped a plate on the toes and lost a few toenails.

I dropped a 35 on my shin...still have a nice scar too.

This thread actually has the potential to be epic...

The only injury was when I was a freshman in highschool and lifting for football. I was doing push press but it was a lot for me at the time, like 150 or something. I didn't even weigh 150 when I was a freshman lol. But when the bar came back down and I went to catch it, my knees locked up so I didn't absorb any of the shock in my legs, and took it all in my back. I'm not sure what I did, but I fucked something up in my lower back because it took about 10 minutes to go from laying in bed to standing up for about the next week, and then recovery was very slow. Sometimes I can still slightly tweak it.

I've had several injuries in the gym and SM training.

Earlier this year I won a truck pull, pulling a 45k lb cement truck 110'. Even though I won I wasn't happy about a few things, so I decided to work on them with a friend just using his Dodge 2500 pick up. I was going for speed and form. Then on my 4th run it felt like I got shot in the left leg. Turned out I did a 90% tear of my soleus and 50% tear in my gastroc.

I was loading stones one day, and was really tired. I sat with a 345 in my lap for too long. When I stood up to load it, I passed out mid load. My friend pushed the stone away as I went down, but I smashed the back of my head on the bar of the axle.

Sometimes when I am warming up in the squat rack, I go with a VERY wide grip until these old shoulders want to play ball. I had 315 on the bar and when I was done with the set I went to rack it, not noticing until it was too late that my fingers of my left hand were between the bar and j-hooks. Lost a few nails on that one.

B-

Back when I was around 14 or so I had a Sears plastic/cement weight set. I was real gungho newbie bodybuilder back then. 2 hour sessions non-stop. Dozen exercises for 3-4 sets all to failure lol. 5-6 days a week. No legs or lats. MASSIVE overtraining/SHITTY training.

One day I was doing standing behind neck presses and as I hit failure I let the bar pull back to far and think I tore my left rotator very mildly. I didn't lift for a good 6 weeks and then worked back into it pretty slowly.

Tore my right pec a little near the sternum attachment doing extreme stretching dumbell flyes. Yup, was around 14-15 years old. I have a small indent where it happened on the inside of the pec.

Tweaked my left knee out doing squats with TERRIBLE form while standing on 45lbs plates. I was around 18 and it was my first foray into doing any leg work at all. Took a good year for my knee to regain full strength/stability and to stop cricking throughout the whole duration of a single squat. That pissed me off.

Those are the one's that stand out the most. Nothing super serious, but they were all lame and impacted training with the knee thing lasting a good year.

Looking back it scares me how atrocious my form probably was.

8th grade locker room was smelling in August heat from 2-a-days. Took a 45lb. weight from the weight room and when I was setting it in the door to prop it open, slip, it came crashing down from my waist to the top of my foot and broke some toes and has some bruising. Was out for a few weeks and only missed a scrimmage.

Top Bottom