Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, Need Help Making A Front Squat Harness....

Texas Ranger said:
Guys, do you think a local machine shop & welders could make a Front Squat Harness similar to this one? http://www.getstrength.com/harnessinfo.htm I believe it's made of industrial rolled steel. What do you think???

haha weird motherfucking contraption I must say...I just posted a thing about front squats a couple days ago so I'd be interested to see how this thread works out

ChinkNasty said:
haha weird motherfucking contraption I must say...I just posted a thing about front squats a couple days ago so I'd be interested to see how this thread works out
Ha!Ha! Yeah, it does look kind of weird. But hey, when does that stop us ironheads, right? :) The reason I want to use it is I can't use any substantial poundages using the cross-armed grip & I don't have the wrist flexibility to use the olympic grip.

Texas Ranger said:
I don't have the wrist flexibility to use the olympic grip.

You can develop the flexibility. I didn't have it when I started using it and it is completely comfortable for me now.

I use a grip that is kinda half olympic / half cross armed / half cockeyed. :) It may be hard to explain but I will try.

I don`t cross my hands over the bar but my hands are in a closed fist position about 6 inches apart and my palms are facing each other and my thumbs are sticking out and pointing towards my clavicles. When the bar is resting across my shoulders, my thumbs hook under the bar and hold it in place. My elbows are pointing straight out perpendicular to my torso just as if using the oly grip but my palms are not facing the ceiling. It works great for me.

Also I think Dave Draper has a front and rear squat bar holder.
www.davedraper.com

Pump on .....

Top Bottom