Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys! I got LEANER

bran i remember when you posted your first pics you seemed a little down on yourself. congratulations on your awesome progress! you look great. nice head of hair.

Last edited:
To those of you who asked me to write up what I did:

Ok well, I’m sorry if I disappoint here, but there are no great secrets to it. I hope you get some ideas from this anyway.

I worked out 7 times every 2 weeks. In other words kind of like this:

*-*-*-*Training*-*-*-*

Week 1:

Monday – Squats, Leg Presses
Wednesday – Incline DB, Chest Dips or Flat Bench, Military Press
Friday – SLDL, Chins/Pullups, T-Bar Row

Week 2:

Sunday – Seated Calf Raises, Crunches with 45 held behind head
Tuesday – Repeat as above
Thursday
Saturday

The squats were done 20-rep style, and were the most important component of the whole routine. If you have to nail any workout during the whole week, make it that one. IMO it preserves more mass while dieting than anything else.

Hold on I’m going to find a little article written about these for you.

I gotta tell you the truth. I HATE doing them. I dread having to go to the gym and do 20-rep squats, especially while dieting and having less energy.

http://www.hardgainer.com/articles/11-55.html

Ok. There is a lot more about those if you just search on Google. You all know what they are but a lot of you probably avoid them too :)

I like doing them in this fashion:

5 reps consecutively (then breathe for 3 or 4 seconds)
Another 5 (then breathe and get ready)
3 more (breathe)
3 more (breathe, right here I usually feel like I must stop, not like I want to, but I HAVE to. It’s all in your head though. don’t rack the weight)

You’re up to 16 now. The final 4 reps are extremely mental. Sometimes I like to try to get 17 and 18 in a row. Then 19 and 20 of course you are going to have to stand there with the bar and do them one at a time concentrating like a madman or you’re going to lose it.

Now, as you can see the rest are just compound movements. No big secret there. 2 or 3 sets of each, the first 2 sets low rep, the final set higher reps.

*-*-*-*Cardio*-*-*-*…….. I did wind sprints twice per week. Whether these helped me or not, I’m not sure. I really couldn’t tell you. They were almost as hard as 20-rep squats though.

*-*-*-*Supplements*-*-*-*

Thermorexin – Now this is something I have to give credit to because I’ve dieted before but not usually with results this quickly. But then I also never had 10 or more pounds of extra fat on me before. There’s no doubt to me though that it helped me get through the first half of the day without cheating on diet AT ALL, because I just wasn’t super hungry. 2 caps 3 times per day, 7:30am, 11am, 1:30pm.

G-Plenish – Glutamine Peptides. 2 times per day on non-workout days (morning and night), with whey, 3 times per day on workout days. A couple things. I noticed recently it actually has 15 grams of protein in the little scoop. So maybe the 30-45 extra grams of protein I was getting, especially with glutamine being such an important one, helped me out. I also feel this kept me from overtraining, as some days I was doing weights and/or cardio 6 days/week. I have never dieted hard for more than a month without getting sick like I did this time.

Vitamin C at 2g per day to help prevent overtraining as well, extra Vitamin E and a multi.

Glucorell-R – Used a 120 cap bottle before carb meals in first half of the day. Did it help? I don’t know! There are too many variables here…

*-*-*-Diet*-*-*-*

Early Morning: 1/3-1/2 cup organic rolled oats with skim milk, cinnamon, pack of splenda. Whey protein shake with G-Plenish

Mid-Morning: Canned chicken mixed with different 0 cal mustards, handful of raw sliced almonds.

Afternoon: 2 Low-Carb Tortillas with fat free cheese, and either tuna or more canned chicken.

Dinner: This meal I just did the best I could at whatever restaurant I was at with the girlfriend, things like guiltless grill at chili’s, or a steak with veggies, or fajitas without all the goodies:

Before Bed: Whey protein shake with G-Plenish and a scoop of ANPB.

In a pinch I always made sure to have a protein bar with me, even though I don’t prefer them. I used Powerbar Protein Plus Carb Select bars, not too bad.

A couple times per day I threw a slice of FF cheese in my mouth.

*-*-*-*Cheating*-*-*-*

Here’s a part that might surprise you. You can see above here that I didn’t really eat that many calories. So 2-3 times per week I had a cheat meal, either pizza, or chicken fingers, or pasta. I made sure to take extra Glucorell before I did this, but I feel the cheating served 2 purposes. 1) It kept my metabolism from dying down somewhat 2) It helped me stick to the diet.. because what I was eating was thoroughly boring to me and I love food. Having just one cheat meal a week is a tease for me, so I decided to have a couple more. You have to find what keeps you going. IMO a 6-10 week diet with 8-10 cheats or screwups total in it is 100 times better than a 3 week diet with zero cheats in it and then you quit from insanity/boredom.

A note about cheating: When you aren’t having a cheat meal, DON’T CHEAT AT ALL. We all know how we do things subconsciously. Just remember that if you decide to have 10 or 12 tortilla chips with salsa at the restaurant before your meal while you’re talking to somebody and not paying attention, those chips that you didn’t even realize you ate have the same number of calories as the bare chicken breast and baked potato that made you so full you had to choke it down at lunch.

I did drink about once every 2 weeks (trying to be honest here). I drank diet soda with light rum (66 calories per shot) or vodka with club soda (NOT TONIC!) For some reason people have no idea tonic is not sugar free and has same caloric content as Coke. I took extra Vitamin C and E before I drank.

The only other variable is SLEEP. If I was tired (and I was a couple times) ALL OF THE REST OF THIS GOES TO SHIT. Not only does your body not burn fat as efficiently, fat burners at that point make you a zombie instead of more alert, and my training awful. I know that it will still be ignored like always but get enough sleep and see what happens.

If anything I hope this will show some of you that even doing most of the things right will make a big difference, don’t obsess over screwups. There are no secrets.

You guys rock thanks for all the support. :supercool
-Brandon

Hmmm... I think the only part you left out was your activities from 1 to 3 pm on Jan. 26, 2004 ;)

LOL.. thanks for the breakdown Brandon, some of us need all the tips we can get :)

TrailerParkTrash said:
Hmmm... I think the only part you left out was your activities from 1 to 3 pm on Jan. 26, 2004 ;)

LOL.. thanks for the breakdown Brandon, some of us need all the tips we can get :)

Hahhaaha.. yeah.. if you ever want an earful.. just ask people questions about THEMSELVES :)

Now I just gotta put 50 lbs. onto my bench.. 60 onto my deadlift and 70 onto my squat... :worried:

see you in 4 months hahaha

Top Bottom