Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grunting in the weight room.

kmoe4747

As an ex college athlete I don't mind a little grunting when doing heavy weights or maxing. But today this guys sounded like he was being raped. It was almost a scream rather than a grunt and I couldn't help but think "what a jackass". Anyway just seeing what you guys thoughts are on this?

A powerlifter screaming on a 1 RM squat or deadlift is ok if its over 500. Other than that, don't do it.
Screaming on your last rep of machine cable curls with 30 lb is about the gayest thing you could do.

A little grunt or a tiss sound on a last rep is ok.. I've thankfully yet to hear anyone scream

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

Lmao. I'm dying here

The wannabe 'alpha' of the gym grunting and yelling while working his mirror muscles is a complete douche. I'm currently building a gym at home bc I can't take the bs attitudes and absolute retardedness at the gym anymore. Ill be canceling all memberships by may

Who fucking cares, if you're too busy paying attention to others like that you're not working hard enough. Turn the head phones up and get into the fucking game.

Who fucking cares, if you're too busy paying attention to others like that you're not working hard enough. Turn the head phones up and get into the fucking game.

Common dude, it's annoying and distracting no matter how deep in the zone you think a lifter should be. That gets me annoyed like the guy who was dead lifting and dropping iron plates waist high with no pads underneath today. It shakes the whole gym and distracts. Not needed.

Common dude, it's annoying and distracting no matter how deep in the zone you think a lifter should be. That gets me annoyed like the guy who was dead lifting and dropping iron plates waist high with no pads underneath today. It shakes the whole gym and distracts. Not needed.

I agree with the grunting but if your dead lifting 5 plates you will hurt yourself trying to control yourself bring it down slowly so you don't distract but if there doing it with 2 plates then I understand lol

Top Bottom