Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Growing lats

jimjaobs66

How long can you expect a specific muscle group to grow? Say I focused on the lats only for 6 months straight. Could they grow for sure or not always the case??

To make any muscle group stronger and larger you're going to need to train with progressive overload. Just training the same muscle group over and over without adding more stress really won't yield results.

if you only hit 1 muscle like that you will only hurt yourself by creating imbalances.

my solution here is stick to the big 8 compound lifts. if done correct you will nail every muscle group pretty equally

don't be one of those guys in the gym who only trains upper body and has pencil legs.

How long can you expect a specific muscle group to grow? Say I focused on the lats only for 6 months straight. Could they grow for sure or not always the case??

Last only? Why?

That makes no logical sense whatsoever. Train the whole body uniformally. You also need adequate rest and recovery in between training sessions

Focus on all parts of the body focusing in one one muscle group will cause imbalances in the body!

I think he meant to workout the rest of the body, but the "focus" would be on lats.

The way I read the question would mean something like, starting your upper body workouts with a couple extra lat exercises before the main lat exercise. So you're working your lats fresh and with a couple other exercises to hit them. I guess he's asking about weakpoint training the lats is what I read.

Top Bottom