Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grips for deadlifts

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I printed them all out and am going to try them over the while to try to make some improvements. :)

When you are deadlifting, use a double overhand or hook grip until you can no longer hold on to the bar.

If you have access to an axle, use that to deadlift.

Try and get yourself a "blob".

Work on picking up 45's by the hub.

Pinch two steel 45's together so the smooth sides are facing out, and pick them up & hold for time.

B-

A-Men. I double overhand all my warm ups. My new bar throws me off a bit though, since it isn't rusted so badly and it isn't super thick...hard to hold on to.

Yea, but you wont get tetanus when the new knurling cuts into your hands.

B-

My last tetanus shot was about 4.5 years ago. Time for a new one?

chalk + overhand/underhand will definitely have you pulling maximal weight.
the Captains of Crush grippers will do wonders for grip strength as well. anything on ironmind.com is a great training tool IMO.
rack pulls are excellent as well.
i personally load up a barbell, with weight only on one side (start this LIGHT). stand on a sturdy bench holding the top (empty side) of the bar with one hand. keeping your forearms from doing too much of the work, move one hand on top of the other, in sort of a reverse rope climbing style movement. make sure to keep the forearms tight. continue this as long as possible, until you get close enough to the bottom of the bar that the top starts to sway (although keeping the bar in an upright position can be a hell of a work out for the forearms)
repeat.

off-topic: healthy adults are actually recommended to receive a tetanus shot every 5-10 years. 30-40 years and you might be dead from tetanus already :) lol

I'll probably get another tetanus shot this year. I gave myself my last one I think...in the ER.

Top Bottom