Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grip Strength

Lately at the gym after my 4 weeks off, Ive been havin trouble doing deads. Not too heavy but I simply keep losing my grip.
atm Im using Chalk, but dont want to use straps.

Im looking to improve my natural grip strength with some light training for it.

Any suggestions?

*edit*
I was having these problems before I had the 4 weeks off.

Last edited:
Not a deadlift vet but I would say just go a little lower on the deads. Work your way back up over 3-4 weeks or whatever...

I have the same problem. My grip gives out first and I know I could do another rep but don't want to drop the bar.

the stick with a rope attached to it with a weight at the other end.. roll it up with your arms straight out then roll it down rinse repeat. or if you really wanna test your grip goto a indoor rock wall and climb for a few hours.. always tears my forearms up

Captains of crush/ heavy grips.

They work like you wouldn't believe.
My grip was relatively weak and I always had to use straps. I could hardly close the No.1 at the start, and now I can overcrush the No.2 there's nothing I cant grip.

Working on the grippers for 10 mins each day will revolutionise a weak grip in 2 weeks.

I have this problem with dumbell shrugs, and mostly on my left hand. You can guess I masterbate with my right. But seriously, it sucks because my grip often gives out before my traps do.

musketeer said:
Captains of crush/ heavy grips.

They work like you wouldn't believe.
My grip was relatively weak and I always had to use straps. I could hardly close the No.1 at the start, and now I can overcrush the No.2 there's nothing I cant grip.

Working on the grippers for 10 mins each day will revolutionise a weak grip in 2 weeks.

sound awseome, what is/are it/they

are u using an alternating grip on deads?

ditch straps from your workouts if u use them. u can use the grippers if u like though i think your grip strength will gradually increase from doing heavy shrugs, deadlifts, bent over rows, dumbell lunges, forearm work, and chin-ups.

Top Bottom