Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

got sore muscles and training question

Martin MM

I was wondering if a sore muscle should be exercise or you have wait until pain goes away, some people say if you train the sore muscle the pain will disappear faster, I did work out on my arms three days ago after a month of not training and I feel extreme pain I couldn't sleep good the last two nights, thank you for your advice fellows.

There is a big difference between muscle soreness and muscle tightness. People confuse the two often.

If a muscle is still sore, don't train it. The whole point of training a muscle is to break it down so your body repairs it bigger and stronger. If your muscle is still sore, your body has not had a chance to repair it yet. Breaking it down again would be counterproductive.

If your muscle is tight, you can still train it but make sure to do some stretching and mobility exercises before your workout so you don't injury yourself.

that theory was debunked years ago and is derived from the false belief that sore muscles were caused by lactic acid LOL!!!

we know that is not true and is a ridiculous theory

sore muscles are simply from small micro tears in your muscles formed from weight training. can you still lift during this? of course you can! but ultimately at some point you will need to give your muscle a chance to heal back up and get stronger right? so train another muscle group while that one heals

if you have soreness that lingers for a long time, it is caused by a more serious tear. you can most certainly train it, just be aware that excess lifting can cause the tear to get larger and could require surgery.. so be smart

I would definitely rest a bit longer. Since you took some time off and probably hit it hard at the gym, you will need the extra time to recover and get back into your routine. Always be cautious as to avoid injury.

If you want, you can do very very light sets just to pump some blood into the muscles to make sure nutrients get there and the repair process goes faster.

But I wouldnt train hard if a muscle group is very sore. Sounds counter-productive.

Exercise and workout has some simple rules:
  • Don't skip exercise or stop doing exercise instantly, which you did.
  • Muscles take time to recover from pain and skipping of exercise could increase that pain.
  • Add supplements to your nutrition schedule. like hgh energizer supplement to build the stamina of doing workout.
  • If you want to stop gym, practice the simple moves at home in few sets.

Top Bottom