Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a good shrug technique

I'm going to tell you the exercise that NOBODY does ever, but the one that i've done that has given me huge traps. I NEVER do shrugs yet magically my traps are huge. the answer is CLEANS.

guys are too obsessed with standing in front of the mirror and doing their shrugs hogging up space when they could go to the mat and do cleans and get 10X the results

I agree with @stevesmi on this one. Heavy deadlifts and cleans will train the traps WAY more effectively then shrugs ever will.

Ever notice how the guys doing heavy deadlifts off the floor have massive traps but the guys doing shrugs have bird necks?

If you have your heart set on doing shrugs, then use dumbbells because you get the greatest range of motion that way.

You could try just a regular barbell or heavy dumbbells in each hand. I used to work traps directly but haven't for years. Make sure you are incorporating deadlifts into your routine also.

Also try more concentrated shrugs from both front and from behind in the smith machine. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps from behind, 3 sets from front.

Focus on the contraction and do it very slow. It should do the trick.

Top Bottom