Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good routine or not??is 5years too long on same routine?

skaman007

hi ,i am 40,and have been training for 15year plus.only really seriously last 5years,.i have always done the same routine week in week out cos it suits me,MONDAY-SHOULDERS,TUESDAYS-LEGS,WEDSNESDAY-ARMS,FRIDAY-CHEST,SATURDAY-BACK.I usually do 12 sets of chest,shoulders and back,legs.i do 9 sets for biceps and 9 for triceps.all the other routines i read seem to train so little,.i dont think im overtraining as each session only lasts 50mins-60mins.i am 190lbs fairly toned.is it important to switch your routine up ?

skaman007 said:
hi ,i am 40,and have been training for 15year plus.only really seriously last 5years,.i have always done the same routine week in week out cos it suits me,MONDAY-SHOULDERS,TUESDAYS-LEGS,WEDSNESDAY-ARMS,FRIDAY-CHEST,SATURDAY-BACK.I usually do 12 sets of chest,shoulders and back,legs.i do 9 sets for biceps and 9 for triceps.all the other routines i read seem to train so little,.i dont think im overtraining as each session only lasts 50mins-60mins.i am 190lbs fairly toned.is it important to switch your routine up ?

are you doing the same work-outs/lifts each time as well? changing up is VERY important. every 6-8 weeks i change up lifts to keep the body confused

mwm5 said:
are you doing the same work-outs/lifts each time as well? changing up is VERY important. every 6-8 weeks i change up lifts to keep the body confused
i usually do same workouts each week,is it better to change exercises each week or to work different bodyparts each week?what i dont get is,is it the different exercises for each bodypart that shockis it or the fact that you might do ,say,chest tris one week then chest bis next week?

Your not over training. If you were, you would have quit a long time ago. In general it's best to change up your routine fairly frequently. # of reps, # of sets, Weight, speed, exercises, the list could go on.

What are your goals?
What does your exact routine look like now?
How long have you been using the same weight?

yeah change is always important or your body will adapt and stop evolving to meet the demands and stress your putting it under

I "modify" my routine every 8 weeks - whether that means keeping the same exercises but switching sets/reps; or switching out some exercises and modify reps/sets scheme on others.

It keeps me coming back, so to speak, and always is nice to see your weights on a 4x8 start creeping up to your last 8wks weights on a 5x5.

Jocques Straap said:
Your not over training. If you were, you would have quit a long time ago. In general it's best to change up your routine fairly frequently. # of reps, # of sets, Weight, speed, exercises, the list could go on.

What are your goals?
What does your exact routine look like now?
How long have you been using the same weight?
my routine is as follows monday ;shoulders,calves.DUMBELL OVERHEAD PRESSES;4X6-8 REPS LAT RAISES;3X6-8 REPS UPRIGHTROWS;4X6-8REPS STANDING CALF RAISES;4X10-15 REPS TUESDAY-LEGS... SQUATS;4X8-10REPS LEG EXTENSION;4X8-10REPS LEG CURLS;3X10REPS WEDSNESDAY-ARMS.EZ CURLS;3X6-8REPS PREACHER CURLS;3X6REPS HAMMER CURLS;3X 6-8 REPS CLOSEGRIP BENCH PRESS;3X6-8REPS ROPE PUSHDOWNS;3X6-8 REPS SKULLS;3X6-8REPS FRIDAY-CHEST; FLAT BARBELL BENCH PRESS;3X6-8REPS INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS;3X 6-8REPS PECDEC MACHINE;3X8-10REPS DIPS 3X FAILURE SATURDAY-BACK- PULLDOWNS TO CHEST;3X6-8REPS PULLDOWNS TO NECK;3X6-8REPS DUMBELL ONEARM ROWS;3X6-8REPS LATPULLEY ROWS;3X6-8REPS NARROWGRIP CHINS;2XTO FAILURE HAVE been using this routine for last 5years,been using same weight though for last year as have plateued.ez curls 55kgx6reps,bench press 110 kgx 4reps.i am currently 190lbs.have gained 10lbs in last 2years.want to hit 200lbs

Top Bottom